Where's the C-47?

Stratos

Lets just make this a full module. It would fit in perfect with the upcoming dynamic campaign engine. Dropping supplies and troops behind enemy lines, keeping the frontlines moving. All about it.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Absolutely yes! A full C-47 module would be an insta buy for me. One of the most important aircraft ever built...

• Like 4

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Lets just make this a full module. It would fit in perfect with the upcoming dynamic campaign engine. Dropping supplies and troops behind enemy lines, keeping the frontlines moving. All about it.

Yes, totally agreed. Bringing any logistics flying to WW2 would be superb. If transport pilots could usefully contribute to the "war effort", then it would provide not only a role for more broad-minded DCS pilots, but also a bridge to the civil-aviation pilots.

• Like 3

• ED Team

Hi all,

still planned, but I do not have any news for you currently.

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

And a Ju-52!!!

• Like 2

Could not agree more with the JU-52. WW2 offers a lot in the world of Aviation. There were so many aircraft developed during that time. I would love to see the P-61 Black Widow as well as many others make their debut. All for the C-47 first though. So many roles it could play.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

+1.

C-47_01.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oh. My.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 1:30 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

still planned, but I do not have any news for you currently.

thanks

BIGNEWY,

Just confirming, ED planned a full C-47 module at some point?  Not trying to start a hype train as I am pretty sure the Apache already owns that territory, but this would be awesome news for some of us.  Just curious.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2021 at 12:02 AM, Devil 505 said:

BIGNEWY,

Just confirming, ED planned a full C-47 module at some point?  Not trying to start a hype train as I am pretty sure the Apache already owns that territory, but this would be awesome news for some of us.  Just curious.

Dream module right there! I've been around C-47s all my life, got to fly onboard on over Arnhem in 2019 for the 75th Anniversary of Market Garden as my Dad jumped out. Amazing experience. Please ED, please.... One of the most iconic aircraft ever designed and thoroughly deserves a place in DCS. 

• Like 3

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

I want my spooky gunship.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...

I suspect its like the SA5, V1, Scud, in that the model is sitting there done (we saw it years ago) and there's some lua needing done for it. Or... as I'd hope with the events of parachutists landing events we are waiting for more than the C47 and we are gonna have parachutists - which, is potentially a much bigger endevour because they need to become units in the game and such.

And to add to the previus post above me - yes, I'd like to see everything come in pairs nowadays. So if Allies get X, Axis get Y at the same time. In order to keep the balance of the playability options going forward equally.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

On 4/20/2021 at 11:53 AM, Pikey said:

I suspect its like the SA5, V1, Scud, in that the model is sitting there done (we saw it years ago) and there's some lua needing done for it. Or... as I'd hope with the events of parachutists landing events we are waiting for more than the C47 and we are gonna have parachutists - which, is potentially a much bigger endevour because they need to become units in the game and such.

And to add to the previus post above me - yes, I'd like to see everything come in pairs nowadays. So if Allies get X, Axis get Y at the same time. In order to keep the balance of the playability options going forward equally.

Scud was working on DCS some monts ago, the Sa-5, V-1 and others require build the propper funtionality and schemes (as torpedoes previously).

ED team has talk some time ago they has tested the "Parachute" funtionality, and actuall, we have on WW2 assets pack a american parachute soldier, but yet that missing the parachute animation. Has not talked yet about a Axis transport parachute capable or propper parachute axis infantry unit.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Flyable Dakota and Ju52 would be interesting. Could be a test bed for larger props also I’d guess. Used on every front also, 700 were sent to Russia.

At least references for the DC3/C47 shouldn’t be an issue…

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 1

Will be nice to have a full module, but i still not understand why ED is developing first as a full module (mossie, C47 or anything else)....if IA one can be fast introduced in DCS World and after that could be completed to full module.

I think that is not only a of parachutes animations that is need to built.

ED will need to built a proper dynamics to parachutes that is lacking now as you can see in SU25 or SU27 today. 

Another lacking dynamics that still necessary to built is water interation with boats, ships and airplanes... But its needs another tread!

Edited by greco.bernardi

On 10/10/2020 at 1:39 PM, Stratos said:

Good to hear is still planned!

Just AI or flyable?

Even just AI would be greatly appreciated, but of course flying one is the dream. And we need an equivalent on the German side. Ju-52 being the obvious choice.

But the C-47 would fit in scenarios right up until the '80s and even modern times for smaller militaries. And if they think nobody wants to fly transports (we do! bombers too!) then they can give us an AC-47 loadout for it. How awesome would that be? (Unfortunately no equivalent for the Ju-52 though at least it does have a defensive dorsal gun turret.)

Oh and of course functioning paratroops to drop from them. Field capture is currently uncommon in DCS WWII I think mostly due to this.

19 hours ago, greco.bernardi said:

Will be nice to have a full module, but i still not understand why ED is developing first as a full module (mossie, C47 or anything else)....if IA one can be fast introduced in DCS World and after that could be completed to full module.

I think that is not only a of parachutes animations that is need to built.

ED will need to built a proper dynamics to parachutes that is lacking now as you can see in SU25 or SU27 today. 

Another lacking dynamics that still necessary to built is water interation with boats, ships and airplanes... But its needs another tread!

Yeah, the current parachute animations for the pilot bailouts aren't great and are inconsistent across modules. Even the better ones feel like static animations with no physics. But still way better than nothing. I wouldn't hold off adding paratroops just because of lack of chute physics. That'll come. (I hope anyway!!! 🙂 )

I get the feeling they're working on something regarding this. Maybe even troops that can get on and off aircraft in a visible animated way instead of just being imaginary as they are now. (Would explain why we're seeing downed pilot locations on the F10 map lately.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

No it’s the Ju52. J52 was much more common, much more rugged.

Not for the timeframes portrayed by either the Channel Map or Normandy.

On 01-Jun-1944, the Luftwaffe had no Ju 52s whatsoever assigned to the Western Front (France and Low Countries). Instead, the area was covered by III./TG1 operating SM.72 aircraft and IV./TG4 operating LeO 451 aircraft. Several Geschwader Stab.Gruppen had individual He 111 aircraft (in a transport, not bomber) role and there were some FW 200 C, re-appropriated from bomber units such as KG40. The FW 200 and He 111 were also in various patrol units (e.g. 4./FAGr.5) However, the vulnerability and low capacity of the Ju52 had meant that they were all deployed elsewhere or on internal homeland areas.

Yes, the Ju 52 is the iconic Luftwaffe transport, but the appropriate transport counter part for the maps and timeframes we already have in DCS now would be the LeO 451.

References
Ehrengardt, C.J. "Operation Overlord"
http://ww2.dk/air/transport/tg1.htm
http://ww2.dk/air/transport/tg4.htm
http://ww2.dk/air/kampf/kg40.htm

• Like 6