CBU-105 & CBU-103

INSTIG8R

Hi all,

Been having a look arouind to see if anyone has posted anything about this, however, not having much luck. I can't seem to pull up the TVV when using CCRP and deploying either CBU-105's or 103's. The vertical line appears and the little count down timer on the hud but no tvv which makes it a little difficult to get on target. Deploying GBU-12's in CCRP work fine, TVV appears etc. Was there a change made at some point to the way CBU-105/103's are deployed?

Intel® Core i9-9900K CPU @ 5.0GHz|MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON |MSI GTX 2080Ti|Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200MHz 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4|Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 2TB |Rift S|TM Trustmaster HOTAS|MFG Crosswinds

Left Side Of The HUD

Release Cue “Staple”*

Also a Countdown To Release / Time To Impact Count Up

*IAMs are not functioning properly right now. ED are investigating.

Thanks for that! Can confirm I have the Release cue "staple", countdown to release and time to impact.

You mention IAMs are not functioning correctly right now, are you saying this that the TVV not appearing is one of those issues?

Intel® Core i9-9900K CPU @ 5.0GHz|MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON |MSI GTX 2080Ti|Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200MHz 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4|Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 2TB |Rift S|TM Trustmaster HOTAS|MFG Crosswinds

I've tried, there is TVV at my HUD when in CCRP IAM mode.

Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks for the reply! I have attached a screenshot but its pretty bad as I use VR and I have no idea how to provide one thats better. But it should give you a rough idea on what I see.

957163490_screenshot2.thumb.jpg.767edda8ffb66b95a3bf642e13ef2a37.jpg

Edited by INSTIG8R
Uploaded new image

I see you needing to correct about five degrees to the right for crosswind you’re flying in...

Your TVV is right in the middle of your pitch ladder...

Sorry what I was meaning was the circular IAM release cue. After looking through bugs again it looks like the issue has been reported... IAM is broken (as you mentioned earlier) :(

Below is the exact issue I am having, this person explained it a bit better :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=288373

Edited by INSTIG8R

There is no circular release cue in the middle of the HUD anymore.

Left side of the HUD, there’s a “Range Staple” just like for the Maverick. There’s a range and countdown to valid release. The problem is that that release cue is far smaller than it should be if you’re at a reasonable altitude. Right now, even at 20,000’ you only get like a two or three second window to pickle and you end up at about 2.5nm from the target. Way closer than you should be. If you watch Wags’ Intro To The GBU-54 video on YouTube you’ll notice that even at only about 11,000’, his release cue is nearly as tall as that for a Maverick shot.

IOW, I don’t think we get the traditional CCRP release a la GBU-12s. You fly the drop line down the middle of the HUD and pickle manually once your range falls inside the range staple and you have a manual release consent.

Going by what I’m describing, I’ve had no issues getting weapons off the jet. It’s just the ballistics “math” that’s not working right (yet),

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

There is no circular release cue in the middle of the HUD anymore.

Left side of the HUD, there’s a “Range Staple” just like for the Maverick. There’s a range and countdown to valid release. The problem is that that release cue is far smaller than it should be if you’re at a reasonable altitude. Right now, even at 20,000’ you only get like a two or three second window to pickle and you end up at about 2.5nm from the target. Way closer than you should be. If you watch Wags’ Intro To The GBU-54 video on YouTube you’ll notice that even at only about 11,000’, his release cue is nearly as tall as that for a Maverick shot.

IOW, I don’t think we get the traditional CCRP release a la GBU-12s. You fly the drop line down the middle of the HUD and pickle manually once your range falls inside the range staple and you have a manual release consent.

Going by what I’m describing, I’ve had no issues getting weapons off the jet. It’s just the ballistics “math” that’s not working right (yet),

Uh huh! cool! so there was a change made to the way these weapons are deployed... I'm not going nuts ha ha

Thanks for explaining all that. Much appreciated, hard to keep up with all the changes.

I have no problems releasing the CBU's either but like you said, the math isn't working right.

• 1 month later...
i guess it was still not fixed since i have that problem whit cbu-105

Range staple is there for me for the CBU-105. Left side of the HUD, you can see it in the picture included in the members post #5. If you're speaking about the range to target (LAR), it does seem shorter than what the original A10C had, but I believe they said something about the original's LAR being too great.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

i speak about the lar

Copy that. I believe the LAR was addressed as being too long of range for the original A10C, but would require a search of the specific post(s) from a moderator/developer. I know there have been issues reported for the Hornet and JDAMs. Could be something shared with the CBUs for the A10C. Time will tell I suppose. I don't have any issue employing them currently, as I won't be dropping them with a serious surface to air threat in the AO - if there are manpads or tunguska I'll be above 10,000 and 15,000 AGL respectively.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria