A-10c 2

tennek

Since I have updated to the new version of the A-10c 2 I am having trouble with Vaicom Pro. I can contact the ground crew and get a response, but when I try the tower it shows on the voice attack log but it does not show my request nor does the tower respond. When I was using the previous version of A-10c everything worked fine. Any suggestions or any one else having this problem?

Yes, when at Nellis AFB, NV - 132.55 does nothing but works just fine in the Viper (F-16C)

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

This is because A10C II is not currently supported in Vaicom - it will probably come with the next update

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

What @hornblower says, although during testing so far all seems to work fine out of the box with the TankKiller. Perhaps try again with disabling SRS mode.

I gave disabling SRS a try without success. The AI responds, but silently. If Vaicom installed, I don't hear own voice or response voice with the new A10CII module. Vaicom uninstalled, all works fine. Thanks for the suggestion!

What @hornblower says, although during testing so far all seems to work fine out of the box with the TankKiller. Perhaps try again with disabling SRS mode.

After lots of testing this morning, my issue with the A10C II seems to be related to the instant action missions - I was using the takeoff from Kobuleti mission and getting no response at all. I then created my own mission to takeoff from Kobuleti and Vaicom worked fine. I will carry on with further testing later and see if I can pinpoint the cause in the mission (I know there are lots of hidden units)

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

FIXED BY CHANGING CALL SIGN

TLDR - I have now conducted some further testing and my issue seems to be related to the call sign in use for the player aircraft. Hawg, Boar, Pig and Tusk cause issues

I loaded the takeoff from Kobuleti mission and, as previously, got the beep but no message appearing top right. Without changing anything else in the mission I deleted the player A10c II and replaced with a new one. On starting the mission I got a message top right and an instant response from ATC when I tuned the radio.

Having compared my dropped in plane to the original one, the only differences I could see were the tail number and the call sign - the ED provided one was Tusk and mine was Colt. I therefore changed the call sign on my dropped in plane to Tusk, started the mission and got no response.

I then swapped back to the ED mission, changed the call sign of the player aircraft to Colt and Vaicom worked.

Based on this, I tried every available call sign with the ED plane and found that the firearms series (Enfield, Springfield, Uzi, Colt) and car make series (Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Pontiac) worked, but the porcine series (Hawg, Boar, Pig, Tusk) didn't.

I have sampled missions from the Gulf map as well and the same thing is true there.

Would be interested to see if others can replicate

Edited by hornblower793
Added title

TLDR - I have now conducted some further testing and my issue seems to be related to the call sign in use for the player aircraft. Hawg, Boar, Pig and Tusk cause issues

I loaded the takeoff from Kobuleti mission and, as previously, got the beep but no message appearing top right. Without changing anything else in the mission I deleted the player A10c II and replaced with a new one. On starting the mission I got a message top right and an instant response from ATC when I tuned the radio.

Having compared my dropped in plane to the original one, the only differences I could see were the tail number and the call sign - the ED provided one was Tusk and mine was Colt. I therefore changed the call sign on my dropped in plane to Tusk, started the mission and got no response.

I then swapped back to the ED mission, changed the call sign of the player aircraft to Colt and Vaicom worked.

Based on this, I tried every available call sign with the ED plane and found that the firearms series (Enfield, Springfield, Uzi, Colt) and car make series (Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Pontiac) worked, but the porcine series (Hawg, Boar, Pig, Tusk) didn't.

I have sampled missions from the Gulf map as well and the same thing is true there.

I can confirm this. ME, opened Syria - Cold Start. Just changed from Hawg to Colt. Everything works.

I hopw this helps @Hollywood_315

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Errrrhmmm. I hate to admit this.

After reading the tutorials and FAQ's, many times. I finally stumbled here. I have been researching this for the last three days. Yes, I checked, and triple checked, read every post regarding no ATC feedback, borked my registration etc. Yes I read the part of the FAQ that reinstall is typically futile, but desperate times, call for desperate measures.

Finally got it all back together, started at ground zero, and found this thread. A-10II here also. Have a Persian Gulf ME, cold start. changed Flight callsign to "Colt" - - - -

Works perfectly.

Can confirm, same issue as those before me have listed.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Hey guys! It seems this is not only a VAICOM issue. Super cool find @hornblower793. I think you should have the honor of reporting it as a bug.

Cheers!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D288620&share_tid=288620&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Errrrhmmm. I hate to admit this.

After reading the tutorials and FAQ's, many times. I finally stumbled here. I have been researching this for the last three days. Yes, I checked, and triple checked, read every post regarding no ATC feedback, borked my registration etc. Yes I read the part of the FAQ that reinstall is typically futile, but desperate times, call for desperate measures.

Finally got it all back together, started at ground zero, and found this thread. A-10II here also. Have a Persian Gulf ME, cold start. changed Flight callsign to "Colt" - - - -

Works perfectly.

Can confirm, same issue as those before me have listed.

Don't worry - we have all been there at some point or another. Glad it is working:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

It will hopefully disappear with the next version of VAICOM which will hopefully be released in the near future

I have just run a quick test on the new version of the dll (can either be downloaded from the website for manual install or auto-update will turn on later) and can confirm that Tusk and Hawg callsigns work fine for me. Loading speed of VA is also back - great job @Hollywood_315 :thumbup:

• Like 2

New callsigns work fine now, but has anyone been able to get JTAC working? Whenever I call to check in, either with voice commands or the options menu, I get no response back (pilot subtitles come up, so the call is going out)

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

New callsigns work fine now, but has anyone been able to get JTAC working? Whenever I call to check in, either with voice commands or the options menu, I get no response back (pilot subtitles come up, so the call is going out)

I have just set up a simple mission with the A10-C II and Darkstar - it works fine for me and the 9 line / remarks to the kneeboard is fantastic. Can't wait to try this in VR later

• Like 1

I have just set up a simple mission with the A10-C II and Darkstar - it works fine for me and the 9 line / remarks to the kneeboard is fantastic. Can't wait to try this in VR later

Thanks for checking, I also managed to get it working on a setup mission, with a Hawg callsign. Must be something wrong with the instant action mission I was using before.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL