Saitek x52

Treker

Hi all,

I have a problem with my old Saitek x52. I don't use Saitek's software because of some very bad experiences on Win7.

Problem is when I start DCS I can't use "Mode switch" for binding. It is not recognized. BUT when I go into Control panel and open x52's preferences window I can bind "Mode switch" in DCS... but only if I don't close dialogue window. I have to repeat this every time... Is there some easier way?

help:pilotfly:

• 2 months later...

I have an old X52 as well, I am having the same issue. I have tried and tried to get a copy of the programming software but cannot seem to get it from anywhere for Windows 10.

How did you get the software to work, or have you found a Windows 10 version on the internet??

6 hours ago, AtlasR1se said:

I have an old X52 as well, I am having the same issue. I have tried and tried to get a copy of the programming software but cannot seem to get it from anywhere for Windows 10.

How did you get the software to work, or have you found a Windows 10 version on the internet??

Saitek has been bought by Logitech.  You have to download from them.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024847013--Downloads-X52-Space-Flight-H-O-T-A-S-

Hi Taz1004, tried all manner of options to download from that site. Always comes back with the same old problem.

You are running a 32 bit installer on a 64 bit machine.

Find the 64 bit version an try again.

E-mailed Logitech over 2 weeks ago with no response.

Looks like I will just have to keep using it with it's limited buttons and sliders until I can afford another brand.

Thanks for your help though.

It wasn't doing that auto detect OS crap before.  Try downloading 64 bit version from the link here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/klyruk/64_bit_software_for_saitek_x52/

Make sure to keep the file for later.

Alternatively, you can just use my first link.  Then instead of left clicking the "Download", do right click and "Copy link address"  Paste in your browser address bar and change x86 to x64

Edited by Taz1004