F-16C 480th FS Spangdahlem Skin (Weathered & Clean)

Texac

Clean and weathered F-16C Block 50 from the 480th Fighter Squadron stationed in Spangdahlem, Germany. Tail Code SP.

Download the weathered version.

z6AIgb9.png

Download the clean version.

MSUrGnf.png

10-05-2020

Currently I'm working on a weathered version of the 480th Fighter Squadron based in Spangdahlem.

Most of the detail can be seen up close while I try to keep the complete appearance noticeable but still realistic.

I'm not sure if I will include bump/normal textures for every part. Most of its detail can be seen on the canopy frame, a blue/grayish sealant used to keep it pressurized, and scratches with actual depth all over the airframe.

I also added a little bit of detail to the air refueling door with scratches and a metallic material.

Here you can see the current progress so far.

7pibAdI.png

nBW5kt4.png

nF3yx5Q.png

62ULVoN.png

Yo90ZWU.png

8rmQihz.png

Edited by Texac
  • Like 1

Looks outstanding! eager to download.

Keep up, and thank you.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Stunning - can't wait to fly that dirty spang Viper :thumbup:

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

WOW impressive! love the Ext Tanks weathered detail on the nose. I do it to my personal liveries in the Hornet and Viper too. Glad you did it too in this incredible liverie. Thank you.

Waiting and waiting :)

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Thanks! Already on the way, any time now. :)

Probably now only Monday. Usually i don´t see uploaded/approved files in the weekends :( :(

But the liverie is finally finished and that´s the most important! thank you again.

F.

great work tex! i really like it. one little thing, you forget the bort umber on the nose.

That is a problem with the bort number system itself, I believe.

The bort numbers on the nose and the refueling door use the same texture or the same line to call it, except for the first digit of the 4 numbers on the nose.

So having gray numbers on the refueling door will get you 1 blue number and 3 gray numbers on the nose.

Similar problem with the RoughMets for the nose, as the numbers overlap two textures. Then you can't get RoughMets for dynamic numbers, etc. etc...

Could be that I'm going duum dumm and missed something or the bort number system for the F-16 is really sketchy.

So I went for the numbers on the refueling door, so far until I see a fix or someone enlightens me.

Edited by Texac

That is a problem with the bort number system itself, I believe.

The bort numbers on the nose and the refueling door use the same texture or the same line to call it, except for the first digit of the 4 numbers on the nose.

So having gray numbers on the refueling door will get you 1 blue number and 3 gray numbers on the nose.

Similar problem with the RoughMets for the nose, as the numbers overlap two textures. Then you can't get RoughMets for dynamic numbers, etc. etc...

Could be that I'm going duum dumm and missed something or the bort number system for the F-16 is really sketchy.

So I went for the numbers on the refueling door, so far until I see a fix or someone enlightens me.

oh I understood. Hope they fix ist soon

What a great liverie. Love the Ext Tanks and all the little details on the airframe. Impressive.

Maybe a non-weathered one with those fine details? :)

Thank you.

Looking amazing!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Fantastic work, thank you for sharing.

Only one small critique and this is more a matter of taste is that the underside of the wings seem a bit too clean considering the amount of weathering on the top. Any chance of a bit more grease on the underside of the wings?

Perhaps this is not prototypical as they say but when I rolled the plane it just kinda stood out to me that the ground crew only seems to be wiping the underside of the wings :)

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

I'll put it on my list, once I start working on it I will share it here. :)

Thanks

That will be perfect. Thank you and keep up, i´ll trying to keep up to date with it :)

Best regards,

F.

Only one small critique and this is more a matter of taste is that the underside of the wings seem a bit too clean considering the amount of weathering on the top. Any chance of a bit more grease on the underside of the wings?

I had few images that show the bottom of the wings clearly, without the pylons blocking visibility.

The bottom of the wings are fairly clean on these photos compared to the rest of the airframe.

So I'm assuming they are overall very clean.