PSA: VR-friendly Prop Mod breaks textures

Nealius

Just a PSA for other VR fliers using the VR-friendly prop mod.

The mod breaks main tire textures, side number and tail number textures, and in the case of the "early" variant, the entire empennage texture.

Cause: The texture mod replaces all texture files, some of which have been renamed in subsequent updates, instead of only replacing the prop texture files.

Yeah, ED should really fix the propellers on their end.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 2 months later...

I could no longer withstand the annoying prop effect.  So I went ahead and updated a personal version of this mod.   I made a copy of the existing DCS P-47 data from the coremods & textures.  Made a copy of anything that looked like a prop file from the original VR friendly mod, and copied them into a new P-47 texture zip...   Via the magic of JSGME, it's working fine.  Much better to fly the Jug now, and no issues with any of the other textures...

I spend 99% of my time flying SP, so no idea as of yet if I'd have impact via MP.

• Thanks 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2020 at 7:28 PM, javelina1 said:

I could no longer withstand the annoying prop effect.  So I went ahead and updated a personal version of this mod.   I made a copy of the existing DCS P-47 data from the coremods & textures.  Made a copy of anything that looked like a prop file from the original VR friendly mod, and copied them into a new P-47 texture zip...   Via the magic of JSGME, it's working fine.  Much better to fly the Jug now, and no issues with any of the other textures...

I spend 99% of my time flying SP, so no idea as of yet if I'd have impact via MP.

Hi javelina1, would you mind sharing this modded mod of yours? Would be much appreciated:)

Wiggy

18 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Hi javelina1, would you mind sharing this modded mod of yours? Would be much appreciated:)

Wiggy

Hi Wiggy, here you go. Hope the link works, just ping me if any issues. This is ready to go via JSGME, but the install path is included in the readme.  All credit & "props" to the originator, Mnemonic.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nfm7drl1no1pyy7/P47-VR-prop-mod.7z/file

regards,

-Jav

ps.  I did send a PM to Mnemonic as a heads up regarding the texture issues with the original mod

Edited by javelina1
update info
  • Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

16 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

That’s superb! Works a treat. Thanks very much 😁👍

awesome M8!  great to hear!!!

props to Mnemonic.