A-10 C ll Radio communication help needed

Hello to all. is there possibility that someone would teach me how to use a10c or (A10c2) radios combined with srs mainly for MP. i having incredibly hard time to make them work. or point me to the right direction for setting keybindings rest of the stuff. i would appreciate it. I have other module and using radio for FA-18 or F-14 its much easier but for A-10 i just simply can't make it work

You have to bind the "Mic switch" keys. It's a 3 way button on the HOTAS but you can set it as your good old keyboard radio shortcuts.

Mic switch down = UHF radio.

Mic switch forward = VHF AM radio

Mic switch afterward = VHF FM radio

It corresponds to your 3 radios on the left side of the cockpit.

Working A-10C with SRS is a bit tricky. You have 3 radios, so you have to bind three PTTs in SRS. If you bind these same buttons as MIC Switch in DCS, every tima you transmit via SRS, DCS will open comms menu, which is annoying.

I binded SRS PPTs to my HOTAS (TM Warthog), but in-game MIC Switch to keyboard. Now I use HOTAS to talk with friends via SRS, but if I need to use comms menu (ATC, AWAC, tanker etc.) I use keyboard keys.

There is a Radio Tutorial in my signature line if it helps you

Hey WarriorX, long time no see.

The link to the "Radio Tutorial" is invalid. I get the Mission Card etc but not the radio one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I'm assuming you are using SRS because you are flying with a squadron, or friends, or whatever, but that you will probably be using the SRS radio to actually talk with real people, and the in-game radio far less.

Here's what I did.

- Add a modifier. I have a TM Warthog HOTAS, so I'm using the stick's pinky paddle as a modifier named 'Paddle'.

- I have changed the HOTAS setting for 'Mic Forward', 'Mic Aft', 'Mic Up', and 'Mic Down' to 'Paddle+Mic Forward', 'Paddle+Mic Aft', 'Paddle+Mic Up', and 'Paddle+Mic Down' so that all four 'Mic' switches are free.

- In SRS assign the Mic switches as you wish for easy use.

It's very easy to get used to using Paddle+Mic and just as easy to use just the Mic switches for talking.

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The way I did it was to not bind the DCS in game radios to my HOTAS, and left them at their default bindings (\, SHIFT + \, etc.). You then bind PTT 1, 2, and 3 directly in SRS. Then there is a specific setting called "always allow srs hotkeys". You want to enable this in SRS.

What doing it this way does is allow you to use your radios on any plane without having the comms menu come up every time you go to talk. In most planes this doesn't happen but it always happen to me in the A10.

• Like 1

Just to throw this out there on this thread, especially for single player - VAICOM (via VoiceAttack) is another system that helps with comms. I use the TM A-10C HOTAS and it works perfectly fine.

VAICOM Forum

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=733

Edited by bradleyjs

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Hey Sarge55,

Thanks for letting me know that the link is dead.

Here is an updated link:https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=250002&d=1602542637

Edited by WarriorX
adding updated link

The way I did it was to not bind the DCS in game radios to my HOTAS, and left them at their default bindings (\, SHIFT + \, etc.). You then bind PTT 1, 2, and 3 directly in SRS. Then there is a specific setting called "always allow srs hotkeys". You want to enable this in SRS.

What doing it this way does is allow you to use your radios on any plane without having the comms menu come up every time you go to talk. In most planes this doesn't happen but it always happen to me in the A10.

What I forgot to mention is, I'm flying in VR. So the keyboard is like going on a date with a catholic schoolgirl with her older brother, the football captain, as a chaperon ....... HANDS-OFF!! Don't even think it!! ...

.. damn, them bruises...

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

What I forgot to mention is, I'm flying in VR. So the keyboard is like going on a date with a catholic schoolgirl with her older brother, the football captain, as a chaperon ....... HANDS-OFF!! Don't even think it!! ...

.. damn, them bruises...

Have your keyboard in a "fixed/known" position - you will get used to it and be able to access every key "blind" without issue. This is what I've done - for 3 years now of flying with DCS and can press any key, on command when needed, without fault.

Also, it is exceptionally handy to bind the numeric pad to the UFC scratchpad keys (0-9) - which makes typing 9 lines into the CDU a breeze. I also have RShift bound to the function button on the UFC for additional quick access to those functions.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 weeks later...
Working A-10C with SRS is a bit tricky. You have 3 radios, so you have to bind three PTTs in SRS. If you bind these same buttons as MIC Switch in DCS, every tima you transmit via SRS, DCS will open comms menu, which is annoying.

I binded SRS PPTs to my HOTAS (TM Warthog), but in-game MIC Switch to keyboard. Now I use HOTAS to talk with friends via SRS, but if I need to use comms menu (ATC, AWAC, tanker etc.) I use keyboard keys.

I tried doing this same thing as the comms menu pop ups are annoying, but when I unbind the mic switch from the in-game HOTAS controls, they don’t activate my SRS PPT’s. When I rebind them, the SRS functions return. What exactly are you unbinding in the control section of DCS? Maybe I’m just doing something wrong.

I tried doing this same thing as the comms menu pop ups are annoying, but when I unbind the mic switch from the in-game HOTAS controls, they don’t activate my SRS PPT’s. When I rebind them, the SRS functions return. What exactly are you unbinding in the control section of DCS? Maybe I’m just doing something wrong.

I have unbinded in HOTAS section keypresses for Mic fwd, Mic aft etc.

Maybe it's more to SRS settings? Mine are like that:

https://i.imgur.com/1vKazE8.png

https://i.imgur.com/y3g8A4d.png

I suppose most important will be "Radio switch works as Push To Talk". I don't know how about "ALWAYS allow SRS Hotkeys".

I do a combination of WH Throttle controls, keyboard binds, and the mouse.

Mic Switch Depress - SRS PTT

Mic Switch Up - Discord PTT

Mic Switch Forward - VHF AM Menu

Mic Switch Down - UHF AM Menu

Mic Switch Aft - VHF FM

Keypad 1 - Select SRS Radio 1 (VHF AM)

Keypad 2 - Select SRS Radio 2 (UHF AM)

Keypad 3 - Select SRS Radio 3 (VHF FM)

Keypad 7/4 - VHF AM Volume Up/Down (In-Game and SRS, simultaneously)

Keypad 8/5 - UHF AM Volume Up/Down (In-Game and SRS, simultaneously)

Keypad 9/6 - VHF FM Volume Up/Down (In-Game and SRS, simultaneously)

Mouse - Change radio channels, turn radios on, adjust presets, etc.

Keypad Plus - In-Game Voice Comms (I have yet to see anyone actually ever use this, so I have yet to actual try it.)

Mic Switch Depress - SRS PTT

Mic Switch Up - Discord PTT

Mic Switch Forward - VHF AM Menu

Mic Switch Down - UHF AM Menu

Mic Switch Aft - VHF FM

Keypad 1 - Select SRS Radio 1 (VHF AM)

Keypad 2 - Select SRS Radio 2 (UHF AM)

Keypad 3 - Select SRS Radio 3 (VHF FM)

IMO a bit overcomplicated.

Turnon option "Radio switch works as Push To Talk" in SRS setup, you won't have to "select" radios.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Dragan said:

Can anyone tell me how to communicate with my wing companion, I use easy communication, at 12.4Mghz he will not call me

That has little to do with the topic at hand. Please create a new thread for an unrelated question.

Regarding the problem at hand, Easy Comms will tune the radios so that you can call whoever you want, and DCS will then automatically select the proper frequency.

Easy Comms does not, however, tune your radios to anyone else sending messages to you. As far as I know, it also doesn't override the frequency ranges for the different radios. So if you call an asset that has a UHF freq on the VHF AM radio, Easy Comms doesn't make that work. It really just tunes the freq for outgoing in-game radio messages according to the receiver's freq, which DCS magically knows.

Long story short, if you can't hear your wingman making AI-calls ("2, airborne", "2, in position to the right", "2, tally armor, 7 o'clock, for 18. 2, tally armor, 7 o'clock for 19. 2, tally armor, 6 o'clock, for 35. 2, tally air defense, 12 o'clock, for 3. 2, defensive. 2, ejecting." and so on), call him first and then your radio will be tuned to his freq, until you call someone else on the same radio.

All of that said, dialing freqs on the radios isn't that hard. I'm sure there are dozens of tutorials on the forum and on Youtube. You can probably learn it in one session and then use that knowledge going forward. It'll also make the curve much shallower if you go online and play with people who use SRS or another radio system where they talk to each other over simulated radios. See, now we even managed to get back on topic. 😄