Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog joystick not responding

dbp

I am totally new to DCS world and I have joint the flying community just about 2 weeks now and have taken me this time just to learn the cold start of the plane and communicate with ATC. I was so happy to go thru all of these and ready taking the plane out of parking lot for taxiing, now I have a hiccup of steering my plane to runway when rolling out the parking...it just have gone straight into anything on its way, and if I fly solo in training mission the joystick has no problem of responding.

Is there anything that I have missed. I have used a couple Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog configution profiles and setting the devices back to default did not help at all.

Any suggestion from the veteran flyers would be very much appreciated , and once I figure all these out I will step into the higher powerful planes. Thanks guys

EDIT:

Edited by dbp
can any of our veterans here have TM Warthog key profiles that I can have a go, thanks.

A Nosewheel Steering light will show up below the UFC. You have to use rudder pedals or the keyboard shortcuts to steer on the ground. And what do you mean “Higher powerful planes” the A-10 is a beast!!! Nothing better. Don’t let them Navy boys fool ya.

Edited by canadianbaken

A Nosewheel Steering light will show up below the UFC. You have to use rudder pedals or the keyboard shortcuts to steer on the ground. And what do you mean “Higher powerful planes” the A-10 is a beast!!! Nothing better. Don’t let them Navy boys fool ya.

I have Nosewheel on or off, I used rudder pedals and keyboard to get this god damn beast to steer and guess it is too heavy to do that:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

I have Nosewheel on or off, I used rudder pedals and keyboard to get this god damn beast to steer and guess it is too heavy to do that:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Welcome aboard!

You need to check how DCS assigned your Warthog H.O.T.A.S. bindings. Every time I try to start with a default profile (for whatever reason), I have to open the controls menu and select the aircraft for which I want to bind the controls (in this case the A-10C II), then I check each and every binding in the profile. Without exception, I always have duplicate bindings for the pitch, roll, and throttle axes, usually to each other. For example the stick X and Y axes are bound to my stick, but they are also bound to my throttle and my rudder pedals. It’s the same thing with the hat switch on the stick and multiple other switches and buttons. You have to click on the wrong binding, and then select “clear” to delete them. I have had to do this with every aircraft I own.

Now, most important, DCS IS NOT AN ARCADE GAME! DCS is a “Study Sim,” which means the aircraft are as close as possible to the real thing. You cannot just “jump in” and start flying, not if you don’t want to end up as a smoking crater. On the main screen, there is a list of sections. One of those sections is TRAINING. I suggest that you click on “TRAINING”, select your aircraft, and then select the training mission at the top of the list. In the case of the A-10C Tank Killer, it is an introduction. Do that one, and the next one is using the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. Do that one. Then, do the third, which is the start up. Work your way through each training mission as many times as you need to in order to learn how to fly the airplane, and to use it’s systems effectively. Trust me, you’ll have a lot more fun.

P.S. button 3 (the grey button on the bottom front of the stick, behind the lever), is the button to turn on and turn off the steering. Charlie Owl has written fantastic user guides for just about every aircraft in DCS, including the Tank Killer. His list of downloadable are the first thread in the Guides and Tutorials sub forum. They’re the best I’ve ever seen.

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Thanks for all the advices guys, appreciated. My plane is still grounded and still figuring out how to steer the beast. Thanks to all

EDIT: finally I got the beast under controlled simply using the rudder. Happy now

Edited by dbp