Please FIX two most imported BUGS !!

Re: Please FIX two most imported BUGS !!

1 - FPS slow down after a while and it result with game FREEZING!

2 - SAM systems firing at friendly aircrafts on TakeOff !

These two bugs does not let us make complex missions and use of all available military power.

FIX IT PLEASE !

Yeah, our squad spends a lot of time flying on line and it is really annoying to fight your own AAA on take off!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

According to what I've heard the FFSAM bug is not -gone-, however, it's incidence has been greately reduced in frequency, apparently.

Where/when did you hear that GG? Last I heard was a somewhat cryptic response from Chizh (I think) saying, "The beta-testers have not been complaining about it", in response to the question of " is the FF bug fixed?"

edit: The exact quote was "Our testers did not complain any more of it. " Posted on Nov. 23.

Has anybody heard about FPS slow down bug fix?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

hi

Hey caretaker

That bug with FPS is well known and it wont let you run server for more than 3 hours without restart.

I was thinking that just my PC have that problem but than I found out that many people complain about that.

This is my configuration:

P4 2.66Ghz

1Gb DDR-400

ATI 9600XT

WinXP fully updated

No other hidden process in memory

Please let other beta testers know about this old bug!

Thanks in advance!

If it's well-known then I assume the multiplayer testers know about it as well and have tested and reported to ED accordingly. I wasn't aware that this is a multiplayer issue, sorry - and as I didn't do any multiplayer it seems reasonable that I didn't encounter it :)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

• 2 weeks later...

the DEVS better know about these 2 bugs or i give them a big slap with an aim-120

when someone crashes or looses connection. their plane will worp into space and then whiteness. this acts like a memmory leak and everyone who is on the server will eventually encounter the game crash or freez. but it takes like a min or so as the game laggs to a hault.

I've also come across friendly sam sites shooting me down but only with multiplayer. really annoying

This Fps bug sounds a lot like what happens when things get laggy, with people over 400 ping or bad connections to the game server.

What happens is that somebodys (or everybodys) plane skyrockets at massive speeds that continue to accelerate exponetially. (such as 10000000km/h) across the gamemap.

This in IMHO has the lock on game engine calculating speeds and distances, it wasn't designed for, gradually slowing down the whole simulation, ending with a complete lock up.

The next time you see this happen, cycle through F2, and you will see 1 or more planes exibiting this behaviour. It will crash the server and every client connected to it. so exit lock on quickly or your computer will keel over.

This is the main reason pings should always be below 400ms

Nate

Hi

Its hard to say if high pings cause the problem or server start crashing first and than cause high pings and low FPS...

Anyway there must be a way to protect against that, for example server can contain a ping watcher and automatically kick high ping players if that option is selected and report it in debrifing.

Also it would be nice if game will check servers ping and than automatically set proper type of connection. It would be more accurate.

I think that cause of FPS problems are our computers, they can not handle that much of informations at the moment and it result with slowing down of FPS.

A linux build dedicated server would fix most of these problems :)

• 3 months later...

FPS Drops:

When the server waits for vector info from poor networks it begins stalling the game because it becomes consumed with trying to resolve the poor network packet losses. So soon, everyone will suffer. Very important to make sure ALL CLIENTS are connected at same setting. Best tested setting is 128/128 For clients and 10Mb Lan for Host. I have personnally flown for greater than 5 hours in servers with these settings. I have seen missions (an I have hosted missions as well) that have run for more than 12 hours stable.

Frame stalling: (intermittent hiccups in graphic updates at precise intervals) This can be caused by a variety of things, but basically, your processor cant keep up. High graphics and clouds for instance will make the screen updates 'click' instead of being smooth.

One thing I have noticed. Not exactly sure of the reason (but I believe it is some windows "Online Cache Routine" running updates in the background) is your internet temporary files. When they get big, FPS will drop in LOMAC. Delete the Temporary Files and see if your trouble lessens.

Other than that, we need better net code.

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.

Hey caretaker

That bug with FPS is well known and it wont let you run server for more than 3 hours without restart.

I was thinking that just my PC have that problem but than I found out that many people complain about that.

This is my configuration:

P4 2.66Ghz

1Gb DDR-400

ATI 9600XT

WinXP fully updated

No other hidden process in memory

Please let other beta testers know about this old bug!

Thanks in advance!

When FPS slow down, leave the game with "CTRL+ESC" to the desktop, and then go back. FPS are now fine. :)

greetings

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

When FPS slow down, leave the game with "CTRL+ESC" to the desktop, and then go back. FPS are now fine. :)

Not true. While switching to the desktop and back may occasionally resolve your own graphics card issues, the most common cause of frame rate drops online are network traffic issues with the host. The problem is very easy to identify when external views are enabled, because you will see the client causing the problem warping off to nowhere at 100,000+ km/h. The only way to resolve the issue is to kick the client causing the problem. Unless this is done in a timely fashion the frame rates will continue to drop until the host machine crashes.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net