A-10C Clients

Glide

I have campaigns with A-10C Client flights, but I don't own the module. I am not able to add A-10C II flights to my mission because, I assume, I don't own the module. Will players who download my missions be able to jump into my A-10C with their A-10C II modules?

They're different planes. It's the same thing as if it was an F-5 and an A-10. Not being able to fully author missions regardless of module ownership is annoying but there's a way around.

Make your mission but set the player unit to 'Client'. Save the mission, change .miz to .miz.zip, open zip, open file mission in Notepad. Replace 'Client' with 'Player'. Save mission file. Replace mission file in zip with edited one. Rename .miz.zip to .miz.

Click the watch icon on the bottom bar. That is "historical" mode which is a feature that filters the list of available units based on the year and country. Sometimes when objects get added to the game they forget to update the historical database with that new object, as a result if you have it enabled the object won't be selectable. You can turn this mode on or off at any point, its just an optional filter.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I was talking about this. See the screenshot. Note how the list is different and the title has the year being used to filter the aircraft listed.

historical_mode-01.thumb.jpg.eb5723cce38ea3d092e0d4147c5cc39e.jpg

Combat/All is a filter for accessing the neutral coalition. With it on combat only countries assigned to red/blue show up. With it on All then every country is listed. I guess it also displays every object assigned to a given country regardless of the historical filter.