FW-190A-8 Horrido Campaign info

Hi Tapi,

I double checked the mission, all seems good. The flag that's responsible for success turns on as soon as you taxi. It turns off when you fly past Amiens (to enemy territory) and turns back on when you fly north of Amiens. It's a huge trigger zone, nearly impossible to miss. Did you make any big detours?

Were you told by Walhalla about the attacking P-47s, and offered a choice how to react?

To 'skip' the mission just start up, and taxi out of your parking spot. Check the mission score then, it should jump to a 100, and you can quit and progress to the next one.

Spoiler

It's the "back" trigger zone. As soon as you enter in on your way back, the mission is successful. It's hard to miss but not impossible:

Screen_201219_085402.png

Well, Wallhala informed me about P-47s and I choose to react but after the aerial combat I was distracted by talking to my son and flew a while on the NW instead of  17° and then I had to turn to 90° directly to Merville. So I probably missed the trigger point 🙂

Thanks for the tip how to skip the misson.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

• 3 weeks later...

Just question about this campaign. I have it but didnt start yet 🙂, I saw info about strange AI behavior in Combat Box after last patches so does it have inflance for this campaign?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

3 hours ago, Reflected said:

No, not really! Only 2 of the missions are bomber intercept

ok, thx 🙂

btw. do you have historical skins for this campaing for german planes or I must do own version? 😉

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

58 minutes ago, Reflected said:

Of course, all my campaigns come with a lot of historical skins,no need to worry 🙂

.... maybe we didn't understand each other 😉 , I mean the historical version of skins what we have now for Germany planes.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

21 minutes ago, Reflected said:

Ah, sorry, you mean with the swastika? I wish, but it's a legal requirement not to have them 😞

Ahh, so maybe in User File on DCS webpage section (but then it will be for everyone, including those who do not have this campaign)? Here its possible as alternative skins, for an official add-on with distribution from the store, maybe not.

I see you did 3 skins. The one modification I did now, the rest incoming, but it's your property so I'm not giving it anywhere for sure. ☝️

diVzAFl.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Report from Mission 11: bomb craters field SW of Merville couses massive FPS drop as well as stuttering.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

You mean the zone bombardment? That should only last a minute, before takeoff. Unfortunately the core game is constantly changing as well as what causes stutters. I can't keep changing all my campaigns based on what's working well and what isn't at a given time - unless it's mission breaking 😞 

The bombardment caused no FPS drop at release, and the distant explosions gave you a feeling of being close to the frontline. I'm sure it will eventually be fixed. If you have a track you can submit a bug report to the 2.5 - bugs - performance section, so they can have a look at it.

Stuttering last only a short time, i.e. while I fly over craters after leaving airodrome circuit with my flight.... Moreover it is most noticed only if I look at the craters, .i.e. while they are rendered on the screen. No big deal, just wrote it for your info... I guess the craters are not optimized, so IMHO better not to use them at all.

Edited by tapi

• 9 months later...

I don't know if this is the right place to write this, but I think you should fix the fact that the AI of friendly planes is Ace, while most of the enemies are Rookie.
The same goes for the other campaigns.

Also, I didn't understand that the number of enemies was always less than ours, as far as this campaign is concerned.
Except for the bomber interceptions.

Other than that, it was very good.

8 minutes ago, -343ku- Rossmann said:

I don't know if this is the right place to write this, but I think you should fix the fact that the AI of friendly planes is Ace, while most of the enemies are Rookie.
The same goes for the other campaigns.

Also, I didn't understand that the number of enemies was always less than ours, as far as this campaign is concerned.
Except for the bomber interceptions.

Other than that, it was very good.

Different aircraft types make for different AI levels too. An ace Fw-190 against a trained Spitfire loses most of the time. I invested a lot of time in testing the missions and set the AI levels so that it's challenging, but still feasible not a slaughterhouse.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I'm still finding it to be a slaughterhouse with the AI's lack of physics and god-teir aim unleashing their entire magazines of 303/20mm with every single round landing a hit on me because I have zero vertical room to gain or use energy, and only have my roll rate to attempt spoiling their gun solution...which doesn't work because the AI can read the Matrix code, knowing exactly where my velocity vector is at all times, giving them perfect gun solutions. Perfect deflection shots with a single squirt, even. Any time Spitfires show up I hardly last 60 seconds. I expect it to be challenging, but in the current state the skill level required is out of the reach of casual fliers. I may have to set aside all the WW2 campaigns until the AI's GFM is released.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

Yeah, nothing against the campaign itself, just the DCS issues. There's clearly some skill discrepancy between the 190s and the Spitfires, as I've been in the same situation in reverse (me in a sitting duck Spitfire with a 190 on my 6), yet the 190s either never fired on me or missed by a fair margin. I've had similar aimbot issues flying against rookie P-47s. There's something sus in the code for the Allied fighters.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I gave Mission 04 a go and found the fight against Mustangs much more reasonable. 

Edited by Nealius

• 3 months later...

Hello Reflected,

Finished this campaign at Friday. Enjoyed it a lot!

292397973_453525729932321_665428828173853886_n.png
I think I have not noticed any bugs except in those missions where you fly to/from Abbeville I was not able to tune to their ATC at channel 1. (After I finished the campaign I realized that I had easy comms turned on so the problem might be this.)
I started this campaign after Jadflieger and I love them both - can not say one is better then the other. I little missed that story that was in Jadflieger but in Horrido! I can imagine my own story. It was pleasure to play this campaign with little surprice in almost every mission.

Spoiler

One of the best moments was during mission 8. I returned to Merville but damaged my aircraft during landing. Suddenly the enemy aircrafts attaked the airport. I asked the ground crew to repair my aircraft and was watching the fight from ground counting every second till the repair finishes. After repair I was able to take off and participate in fight. Very intense, very enjoyable!

Just few pics from my favourite mission -290664616_364812365796676_9025455218274659934_n.png

292181805_1176474046478946_407935404934386755_n.png
I have few tips - nothing really important - you can just ignore those.

1. It would be nice in mission pdf to have information about how much time does it take to complete the mission (approx). Sometimes I have about for example 2 hours time but I am not sure if I should start the misson..

2. Do you think it is possible to upload the campaign docs somewhere? I like to read the introduction when I am at work and when I forget to copy them to my phone I have nothing to read :D. Also when I buy your campaign while at work I have to wait till I get home to get access to docs.

Anyway keep up the good work. It is time for Beware! Beware!

ps. I really hope to see Dora campaign from you someday.

• Thanks 1

@Zyklonedthanks so much for the feedback, I'm happy you enjoyed it. Thanks for the tips too, I always wanted to include the approximate playtime, but I always forget to measure. It also depends on whether you use time acceleration...

Good luck with Beware Beware, it will be less 'fun oriented', but a 100% historically accurate recreation of real life events. Let me know how it goes!

• 1 year later...

@Reflected Maybe you can help...

Mission 4, about 3 minutes after takeoff the engine quits?? Temp is 50 degrees c, with either the cowl flaps open or closed the engine just quits.

New issue? Has anyone else reported this?

Otherwise another great campaign, would hate to have to skip the mission. 😪

EDIT: Just realized that it was part of the mission, sneaky bugger you are Reflected 🙃

Edited by Gordon_Jacobson