[ALREADY REPORTED] ITT values still too low

bkthunder

Sorry to bring this up again, but new version and FM fixes had me hopeful that we would finally be able to fly by the numbers also when it comes engine parameters.

ITT values are still too low according to RL procedures and manuals.

At full throttle the engines barely reach 800 degress ITT, while IRL the green arc on the gauge is up to 865 degrees (and for limited periods the temperature can be as high as 900).

Also, according to the TEMS fault monitoring system:

ITT of 890 is considered not critical for the safety of flight (though out of the norm).

ITT of 945 or more is considered critical.

Radar trail departure procedures call for a power reduction after take -off to a setting of 800 degrees during the climb (for the lead), this is not full throttle.

So IRL 800 degrees is less than full thottle. A climb setting that allows wingman and element to catch up and maintain correct spacing.

In DCS 800 degress (actually a bit less) = full thottle.

It had been discussed years ago as the A-10C 1 had the exact same issue.

There are manuals, crew chiefs and pilots confirming this is not correct, even though most of their posts were removed, sometimes due to bans, sometimes due to 1.16.

However, I hope ED doesn't keep hiding their head in the sand here, and update this as they have done with the critical AoA.

• Thanks 3

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 3 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 3:18 AM, bkthunder said:

Sorry to bring this up again, but new version and FM fixes had me hopeful that we would finally be able to fly by the numbers also when it comes engine parameters.

ITT values are still too low according to RL procedures and manuals.

At full throttle the engines barely reach 800 degress ITT, while IRL the green arc on the gauge is up to 865 degrees (and for limited periods the temperature can be as high as 900).

Also, according to the TEMS fault monitoring system:

ITT of 890 is considered not critical for the safety of flight (though out of the norm).

ITT of 945 or more is considered critical.

Radar trail departure procedures call for a power reduction after take -off to a setting of 800 degrees during the climb (for the lead), this is not full throttle.

So IRL 800 degrees is less than full thottle. A climb setting that allows wingman and element to catch up and maintain correct spacing.

In DCS 800 degress (actually a bit less) = full thottle.

It had been discussed years ago as the A-10C 1 had the exact same issue.

There are manuals, crew chiefs and pilots confirming this is not correct, even though most of their posts were removed, sometimes due to bans, sometimes due to 1.16.

However, I hope ED doesn't keep hiding their head in the sand here, and update this as they have done with the critical AoA.

Thanks for bringing this up again this is one of the issues that was pointed out by habu and I as well I'm not hopefull it'll get fixed but who know maybe it will.  Habu even shared an in cockpit picture he took where ITT was higher on one of the engines as well guess we'll see.

Edited by nighthawk2174
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

This is a very low priority that has almost no effect on gameplay. When resources allow, we'll certainly investigate.

As this is already reported a new report is not needed. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2