[TRAINING IN WORK] No training missions or campaign?

Epzter

I bought the A10c II upgrade. I have the A10c since before. I havent played the A10c for a while and want to do all the training again. And also the campaigns of course. The only option I find to play the A10c II is via "Instant Action". Is this the only choice? Except multiplayer then ofc.

You now have both A-10C I and II. They're basically the same. I do the old training missions in I for now, until they'll be released for II. I don't even know if it actually makes to have double with new ones, except for the new features.

Cheers!

Edit: Some DLC campaigns, might be changed to be played in II. For user created content, it's very easy to change it manually to II.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

you can always open the mission file in editor and swap the A-10C for the newer one.

it even works with DLC campaigns, just make sure to carry the same weapons as some scripts depend on their usage (particularly enemy within). you just cant save it into a file, thats all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

If you're like me and keep DCS on a different drive to your saved games (where the mission editor file explorer opens) you might not be able to navigate to where the campaign missions are kept. You can create a symlink to work around this. (also worth making a copy of the original if you're going to be editing built in missions so you don't break anything)

Fly fast and leave a pretty wreck

you can always open the mission file in editor and swap the A-10C for the newer one.

it even works with DLC campaigns, just make sure to carry the same weapons as some scripts depend on their usage (particularly enemy within). you just cant save it into a file, thats all.

Oh?! You mean you can open a single mission file in ME and swap plane and press fly? But like you say, you cannot save it for the future? Little cumbersome for my taste though. Rather wait until they're changed. And this will of course not work when opening it like a campaign, right?

Cheers!

If you're like me and keep DCS on a different drive to your saved games (where the mission editor file explorer opens) you might not be able to navigate to where the campaign missions are kept. You can create a symlink to work around this. (also worth making a copy of the original if you're going to be editing built in missions so you don't break anything)
In ME you can navigate anywhere. Might be easier to paste path from Windows Explorer though.

this isnt necessary anymore.

the left side of the "open mission" dialog contains list of disks, click it and then you navigate through the filesystem.

And this will of course not work when opening it like a campaign, right?

it doesnt track progress like campaign, if thats what you mean.

but you can do that yourself :smilewink: in the debriefing screen, look at the value called Results. if its above 50, you would have progressed to the next mission in the campaign.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

this isnt necessary anymore.

the left side of the "open mission" dialog contains list of disks, click it and then you navigate through the filesystem.

Yup, is what I meant.

it doesnt track progress like campaign, if thats what you mean.

but you can do that yourself :smilewink: in the debriefing screen, look at the value called Results. if its above 50, you would have progressed to the next mission in the campaign.

Hehe. Yeah, I (sort of) know how to edit progression. But what I meant was the mission planner. You can't change plane there right? I sometimes confuse mission planner with ME. Thanks!