Slave TGP to HMCS

DMouse

Hi, firstly loving the A10C II! I am finding getting the TGP to Slave to the HMCS a bit hit and miss. If the TGP is pointing to another SPI it doesnt always want to come back to where the HMCS is pointing.

The command I am using is DMS Right Long, with HMCS as SOI.

Is there a trick to this or is there a bug?

Thanks

Hi, firstly loving the A10C II! I am finding getting the TGP to Slave to the HMCS a bit hit and miss. If the TGP is pointing to another SPI it doesnt always want to come back to where the HMCS is pointing.

The command I am using is DMS Right Long, with HMCS as SOI.

Is there a trick to this or is there a bug?

Thanks

Maybe this can help you. Seems to work fine for me.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Dms right long often doesn't seem to do what it should do. Havent found reproduction steps yet. Resetting the pod (any, ag) does fix it, for a short spell.

It looks like, from my quick test today, that the issue is when TGP is in a slaved state. I.e. slaved to a steerpoint. When slaved the DMS Long Left Command doesn’t work. Slew away from the steerpoint a little and it does.

Not sure if intentional. Sort of see the argument both ways.

It looks like, from my quick test today, that the issue is when TGP is in a slaved state. I.e. slaved to a steerpoint. When slaved the DMS Long Left Command doesn’t work. Slew away from the steerpoint a little and it does.

This is my conlusion aswell.

Dms right long often doesn't seem to do what it should do. Havent found reproduction steps yet. Resetting the pod (any, ag) does fix it, for a short spell.

I just tried this, and am having zero issues with it. Never had to put the TGP back to standby.

SPI is STPT

CHAL slave TGP to STPT

SOI to HMIT/HMCS)

DMSRL slave TGP to SOI (HMIT/HMCS)

CHAL slave TGP back to STPT

Repeat.

Did this with 4 different steerpoints. All worked as it should..... not sure why some are having issues.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Same here. I'm guessing you mean DMS Long RIGHT not left though!.

I either have to slew away from the steerpoint, or put the TGP into Standby, then A/G again which puts it in the boresight position (resets it?) then it will slew to the HMCS crosshair. Bit of a pain when you're in the thick of it and forget to slew or Standby/AG it to get it to work...

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Same here. I'm guessing you mean DMS Long RIGHT not left though!.

I either have to slew away from the steerpoint, or put the TGP into Standby, then A/G again which puts it in the boresight position (resets it?) then it will slew to the HMCS crosshair. Bit of a pain when you're in the thick of it and forget to slew or Standby/AG it to get it to work...

Yep sorry DMS long Right.

Yeah, it would seem strange if you can't HMCS slave direct from a steerpoint slave, without the little separate TGP slew.

Good chance it's a little error, but not 100%

Does China Hat short/aft no longer center TGP to boresight? (assuming TGP is SOI)

Still works on the MAV

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Does China Hat short/aft no longer center TGP to boresight? (assuming TGP is SOI)

Still works on the MAV

No, CHAS does not bore sight / cage the TGP. It is not correct behavior, hence it was removed from logic.

Cheers,

Ziptie

No, CHAS does not bore sight / cage the TGP. It is not correct behavior, hence it was removed from logic.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Thanks...I have since set a 2 position switch to Left MCFD OSB 2/3 to re-cage. Works great

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark