Any way that we can use "old" A-10C campaigns with this new module?

jstnj

New to DCS to be honest...and bought this thinking I could use them in two campaigns I also purchased for the A-10.

While it's my mistake for not realizing you can't just "pick what plane you fly" for a campaign...my question still stands...is it possible to use this aircraft with Stone Shield or The Enemy Within 3?

New to DCS to be honest...and bought this thinking I could use them in two campaigns I also purchased for the A-10.

That should be correct.

The old A-10C, along with all of its campaigns and missions and skins and mods, remains a DCS module.

It is also included in the new A-10C II module, meaning that all of the old content will continue to work with the old version of the A-10C.

Are you unable to just change the aircraft type in the ME for the campaigns? I haven’t tried yet - but I’ve done that with a mission that was originally for the A10C I and replaced it with a Hornet.... Could have been a user download campaign though and not a paid. Figured it might be worth a shot.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Are you unable to just change the aircraft type in the ME for the campaigns? I haven’t tried yet - but I’ve done that with a mission that was originally for the A10C I and replaced it with a Hornet.... Could have been a user download campaign though and not a paid. Figured it might be worth a shot.

Cheers,

Ziptie

You can do this on any user created download file, but not on paid campaigns which are protected.

I've got four sample missions for my A-10 campaign up on the user files section (see my signature for link), feel free to alter the aircraft on these to the new model...just be aware it will break the radio presets but you can still manually tune and it should all work (I think...only tested Mission 1 so far but all was ok). Just don't change any of the AI aircraft as that will break the mission.

You can do this on any user created download file, but not on paid campaigns which are protected.

That's wrong, you can edit DRM protected campaigns in the mission editor and swap your plane to the A-10C II, you just can't save the mission. If you fly the mission from the mission editor's flight menu it will work fine. For The Enemy Within 3 try to stick to the original weapons loadout because some scripting relies on you dropping those weapons.