DCS World in VR

Asiavik

So I just recently started playing DCS with the Oculus Rift S. And all I can say is WOW!. While I had a expectation of being able to head track, I was expecting the graphics to basically just look like what it does with a standard monitor. What I was not expecting was that the cockpits were actually going to be 3D. This has taken the game to a whole different level.

One thing that I wanted to share was that I was having a difficult time dealing with the interactive cockpits while in VR. I am right handed and operating my track ball with my left while in VR was a challenge to say the least. But I came across a solution to be able to easily use the VR head position as my interface method. I found a finger mouse on amazon for $16 that I could use for the mouse clicks so I wouldn't have to take my hand off the throttle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZI35J4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The mouse functionality is absolute crap but I strap it backwards to my pointer finger and just use the mouse buttons and wheel. Works like a charm so I thought I would share. BTW I get no referral or affiliate kickback from this. Just wanted to share.

So I just recently started playing DCS with the Oculus Rift S. And all I can say is WOW!. While I had a expectation of being able to head track, I was expecting the graphics to basically just look like what it does with a standard monitor. What I was not expecting was that the cockpits were actually going to be 3D. This has taken the game to a whole different level.

One thing that I wanted to share was that I was having a difficult time dealing with the interactive cockpits while in VR. I am right handed and operating my track ball with my left while in VR was a challenge to say the least. But I came across a solution to be able to easily use the VR head position as my interface method. I found a finger mouse on amazon for $16 that I could use for the mouse clicks so I wouldn't have to take my hand off the throttle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZI35J4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The mouse functionality is absolute crap but I strap it backwards to my pointer finger and just use the mouse buttons and wheel. Works like a charm so I thought I would share. BTW I get no referral or affiliate kickback from this. Just wanted to share.

Take a look at PointCTRL. https://pointctrl.com/

Also, us VR types have a subthread under INPUT/OUTPUT forum. Lots of great information there.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Take a look at PointCTRL. https://pointctrl.com/

snip...

This! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2 , K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've been using a finger mouse for a while now. Once you get used to it, it makes interacting with the cockpit much quicker. I use it on my left index finger. Great for turning dials as well

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD