Still no way to adjust colors/contrast in WMR?

laertesson

With the release of A-10C II, I am having lots of trouble reading the A-10C hud against a bright sky, it gets almost completely washed out in my Reverb. As far as I know there is literally no way to adjust contrast or colors on NVidia cards. Is there a way now? I have tried even to change the materials of the A-10C HUD in the lua files, even that won't help. Brightest mode on the HUD used, OVR advanced settings doesnt seem to work, we cant use reShade, and NVidia settings offers no help. Seems like a really simple thing for MS to overlook for years.

You said you tried to change the HUD lua file. So you know where HUD_init.lua is.

It accept negative values. Try this at the bottom of HUD_init.lua at line 383.

Thanks, I am giving this a try. Is this the black HUD mod? Or those negative values give a darker green? This is really interesting. Thank you again Taz.

Edited by laertesson

Thanks, I am giving this a try. Is this the black HUD mod? Or those negative values give a darker green? This is really interesting. Thank you again Taz.

It's same idea as black HUD mod. Except that you can get the contrast of the black HUD but with color by going negative values. You can adjust the color balance between the 3 values to your preference and even change alpha value. Or what I do is use the HUD Intensity button in the cockpit.

I was gonna release this as another QOL mod :P

Edited by Taz1004

It's same idea as black HUD mod. Except that you can get the contrast of the black HUD but with color by going negative values. You can adjust the color balance between the 3 values to your preference and even change alpha value. Or what I do is use the HUD Intensity button in the cockpit.

I was gonna release this as another QOL mod :P

I ended up with day_color = {-0.05, 10, -0.05, 1}, gives a much more bright symbology without sacrificing color. thanks again for the negative values tip, seems to make the difference. I'll be looking out for your upload, I'm sure you could improve on this idea.

Is there a way to increase the range of brightness?

The intensity button inside the cockpit is not actually brightness but alpha. So you can shift alpha using the alpha value in the lua file. You can go brighter or darker with the RGB values but the problem is not the values. It's the blending mode they use. They use some sort of overlay blending mode so any bright value will disappear against bright background. And so far I haven't found where this blending mode is set. So workaround currently is to set it darker.