Link to A-10C II upgrade??

Notso

For some stupid reason I bought the Steam version, I think they relesed it first. Got it transfered to DCS and the module lives now under DCS whith the rest of my modules. Under open beta.

I also tried to buy Tank Killer from DCS but got the Steam incompatible message and didnt dare go so far in the buying process as in pic below. So I bought it from Steam 9.99. But got worried when Steam wanted to install 3 components The Tank Killer , A10C II and Open Beta ? In a total different HD and using up 80Gb. Wow really 80Gb ? not only 1 Gb for the module.

Luckily I found this thread and dared go almost to final buy.

Is it safe to buy and do it really use up 80Gb?

What the f*** cant copy/paste But the complete order shows again

"This version is not compatible with STEAM version and can not activate it!"

But still gives me a reduced price

"You have 3990 miles, You can use them to pay the order in amount $3.99"

Edited by h.kan

Are you guys saying the discount shows up AFTER I hit complete order???

No. If it says 80 $ on the checkout page, that's what you'll be paying.

I paid - but don't see it on my modules list.

Someone wrote I've got to be on beta - running 2.5.6 - isn't that beta? How can I tell.

You can download the Open Beta installer here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

It will install an entirely separate DCS installation on your system.

You can also use the DCS_Updater.exe to switch your existing Stable installation into Open Beta, or the other way around, if you're low on disk space.

You can usually tell whether you run Stable or Open Beta by noting down your full version number from the right lower side of the DCS Main screen and compare it against http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com. Sometimes Stable and OB are on the exact same version, but most of the time OB is ahead a bit.

But got worried when Steam wanted to install 3 components The Tank Killer , A10C II and Open Beta ? In a total different HD and using up 80Gb. Wow really 80Gb ? not only 1 Gb for the module.

Sure. Standalone and Steam installations are perfectly separate. You can't just run A-10C II from Steam and the rest from standalone. In order to run A-10C II from Steam, Steam needs to install all of the DCS base game, and it'll probably try to install all your DLCs. 80 GB isn't even that much. Get more maps and a bunch of modules and it'll easily exceed 200 GB.

Luckily I found this thread and dared go almost to final buy.

Is it safe to buy and do it really use up 80Gb?

What the f*** cant copy/paste But the complete order shows again

"This version is not compatible with STEAM version and can not activate it!"

But still gives me a reduced price

"You have 3990 miles, You can use them to pay the order in amount $3.99"

If you purchase from the DCS E-Shop, you can install and run DCS from https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/. This is referred to as "Standalone". It'll probably sum up to something like 80 GB or more, depending on the modules you install into it. None of this will work in Steam.

If you purchase from Steam, you can install and run DCS from Steam. This is referred to as "Steam". It'll probably sum up to something like 80 GB or more, depending on the modules you install into it. Alternatively, you can transfer the DCS licenses you purchased on Steam to Standalone and install the modules with active licenses into a Standalone installation. And/or you can run both in parallel.

Choose either one, or a combination thereof.

AYFKM????

Are you guys saying the discount shows up AFTER I hit complete order???

See screen shot. **** this, I'm not risking the ass pain to get my $$ back if this charges full price.

I didnt have this issue. Mined showed up as 10$ from the catalog when logged in.

Bought it back in the 2010 as a Beta version via the store page.

Dont think its poor web design... rather than the different sources to buy it from (Retail, Steam or ED Store). Only thing that was not optimal was the missing preorder timeframe beforehand. :book:

But have you sorted out your issues yet?

You showed a screenshot of your ingame module library, but does the A-10c (I) show up when you look at the table under "All active licences" when logged into your profile on http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com? I assume the discount will be based on this.

If not, you might need to add the Licence to your profile again.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard