Have i missed something?

Wrightie

Have i missed posts from HB relating to the F14.

Cobra said in the F14 Priority post on the 8th September

"Stay tuned as we begin discussing the sweeping changes to the F-14 coming in October next week!"

As of yet i haven't seen anything relating to the A at all.

I've only seen the changelogs so far. Have i missed some posts somewhere?

October just begun, guys. :-) Patch is still couple of weeks away and we're crunching hard. The A is already in testing, the artwork should be ready any day now. We're getting there.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

October just begun, guys. :-) Patch is still couple of weeks away and we're crunching hard. The A is already in testing, the artwork should be ready any day now. We're getting there.

C'mon Mike we got like 42 squadrons that operated A models to paint! Screw flying, I just want to paint high-hour airframe reserve Tomcats and cover them in corrosion control paint and boot marks!

Looking forwards to seeing if some of the model adjustments made it in for the B and A, that NACA duct on the right engine nacelle needs to go and that means reworking/re-exporting a bunch of skins to make them correct but it makes for a nice break from school.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Ah yes, indeed, we wanted to show some updates, but the crunch got the better of us. Always a bit of a juggle, work on release, or work on updates... We should have an update soon, though. Thanks for the kind patience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

will we be able to pull the circuit breakers that give and extra 2k lb thrust?

? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is it the limiters they put in place after the initial TF-30 issues? I think I remembered something about that being one of the solutions.

I think this one disables the bleed-air. You keep it like that for long enough, and your avionics will probably fry.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

It vents some air from the compressor section into the bypass duct to increase stall margin during certain flight conditions. It’s an attempt to address the stability issues of the TF30 that unfortunately results in about 20% less core thrust. Many of the situations when it’s active are also situations when you need thrust the most.

Edited by fat creason

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Ooh, didn't know that! I always thought that was a "hardware" modification.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

It vents some air from the compressor section into the bypass duct to increase stall margin during certain flight conditions. It’s an attempt to address the stability issues of the TF30 that unfortunately results in about 20% less core thrust. Many of the situations when it’s active are also situations when you need thrust the most.

so will we be able to override it in the a? :D

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

so will we be able to override it in the a? :D

You can, but there are associated consequences. It will just be a keybind for now, we may add clickable CBs at some point but don't hold your breath on that (this CB is in a hard to reach place that you can't really see). I'd take some of those Snort stories with a grain of salt. Okie (2nd most flight hours in the Tomcat behind Snort) tells us that no one really pulled that CB. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Edited by fat creason

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

You can, but there are associated consequences. It will just be a keybind for now, we may add clickable CBs at some point but don't hold your breath on that (this CB is in a hard to reach place that you can't really see). I'd take some of those Snort stories with a grain of salt. Okie (2nd most flight hours in the Tomcat behind Snort) tells us that no one really pulled that CB. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

il try it, see what happens lol. will it give extra power all across the speed/alt range or is it very situational?

Hey, part of why were are here and not real pilots is our tendency to try it all out! So don't take it against us ;)

First time I recall hearing about the bleed-air turn-off for extra thrust was Hoser discussing using it in a bugout. Referred to it as "Zone 6," (a play on the 5 zones of the TF-30's afterburner), and it was used by several crews during ACE/AIM under specific circumstances. Not sure how much you'd want to rely on it, but if HB is making it a simple keybind, that's a nice little addition.

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

First time I recall hearing about the bleed-air turn-off for extra thrust was Hoser discussing using it in a bugout. Referred to it as "Zone 6," (a play on the 5 zones of the TF-30's afterburner), and it was used by several crews during ACE/AIM under specific circumstances. Not sure how much you'd want to rely on it, but if HB is making it a simple keybind, that's a nice little addition.

if its related to compressor stalls then would be perfectly safe to use in a straight line, ie no choppy throttle changes or high alpha manuevers?

if its related to compressor stalls then would be perfectly safe to use in a straight line, ie no choppy throttle changes or high alpha manuevers?

As I understand #13 it's only active in certain conditions so bypass is not used during straight and level flight. Sorry, no M2.5 Tomcat this time ;)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

As I understand #13 it's only active in certain conditions so bypass is not used during straight and level flight. Sorry, no M2.5 Tomcat this time ;)

bugger :lol:

ps if you get a compressor stall in a fight, how do you rectify it

bugger :lol:

ps if you get a compressor stall in a fight, how do you rectify it

You'll be probably dead soon, so the engine is not your problem anymore, but usually what it takes is to ease off the throttle on this engine and decrease AoA.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You'll be probably dead soon, so the engine is not your problem anymore, but usually what it takes is to ease off the throttle on this engine and decrease AoA.

so backing off will fix it