No FPS improvements no matter the settings - HP Reverb

witwas

Hi Guys,

Recently changed from a vive pro to the HP Reverb.

All works well in x-plane on high settings but i cant seem to get it to work with dcs, i tried multiple guides here on the forum but no matter what i do: high, low, super low settings in DCS or steam FPS gets stuck between 20 and 45 max (unplayable).

I have a i7-7700k, 32gb ram, 2080TI and everything on SSD's

Any help?

Have you tried:

- the shaders mod

- setting terrain textures to low

- turn off shadows

- MSAA to x2

- lower the PD

In my experience, all of the above affected frame rate

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I'm no expert - but I'll throw the following in...

Try renaming your userfiles\saved games\dcs\config directory to config.old and let DCS recreate everything incase it's a mod/setting/etc.

Make sure Windows Gaming DVR is disabled too.

If the GPU is only at 35% and FPS's are so low - I'd agree.. .there's a setting somewhere that could be holding things back.

What Settings do you have in WMR? Refresh rates, etc?

Also what settings do you have in SteamVR (both globally, and for DCS specifically)?

Hi Adam,

I am installing a new copy (beta) of dcs, lets see what that gives.

Have you verified that the hardware run as it should?

A good way is to use for example 3D mark and check that the hardware delivers the expected points for your CPU and GPU.

One other thing: you cannot look at the CPU load for the whole CPU fir DCS.

DCS mainly loads one core hard and another just a little, all other cores is more or less not used. This causes the total combined load to look as low( 10-20% for me, and probably 50% for you).

But one core may be overloaded and struggle hard anyway. If that core is loaded to 100% the rest of the unused cores cannot help and the gamestutters despite “CPU load seems to be 50%”.

You can see the load from the task manager —> performance—> resource manager(or name close to this) and select CPU. Make sure all cores is seen and try DCS and then look in the grafs.

Probably one core is hitting 100%

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

Hi. There is something wrong with your setup somewhere. I have i7 7700k running 4.5ghz 32 gigs of ram and ssd with strix 1080ti and I have better frame rates than you. I run latest stable version of dcs not the beta. I use motion reprojection for reverb. I don’t have shader mods or anything at this time. I did use it before and I got even better frame rates with shader mod but I had to remove it since I couldn’t play it on my favorite multiplayer server. You can’t have any mods for that server. Anyways. I’m using the vr default setting in options and my steam is at 100% resolution. So default reverb resolution and 90hz settings. I have stable 45 FPS and average 72 FPS depending on map. I fly f16. In some areas in the air I get 90fps but that’s outside view and map dependant. But I do have stable 45 with motion reprojection and average of 72 displayed using FPS vr app. My 1080ti is not overclocked. Running stock. And when changing visual settings for dcs makes big differences or at list it should when going low to high at list on my system.

Edited by Djdirty76

Hi. There is something wrong with your setup somewhere. I have i7 7700k running 4.5ghz 32 gigs of ram and ssd with strix 1080ti and I have better frame rates than you. I run latest stable version of dcs not the beta. I use motion reprojection for reverb. I don’t have shader mods or anything at this time. I did use it before and I got even better frame rates with shader mod but I had to remove it since I couldn’t play it on my favorite multiplayer server. You can’t have any mods for that server. Anyways. I’m using the vr default setting in options and my steam is at 100% resolution. So default reverb resolution and 90hz settings. I have stable 45 FPS and average 72 FPS depending on map. I fly f16. In some areas in the air I get 90fps but that’s outside view and map dependant. But I do have stable 45 with motion reprojection and average of 72 displayed using FPS vr app. My 1080ti is not overclocked. Running stock. And when changing visual settings for dcs makes big differences or at list it should when going low to high at list on my system.

Curious what your PD is set to.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

How is the reverb / setup done?

I think following the guide from vr4dcs could be smart.

( https://vr4dcs.com/2019/08/08/moving-from-oculus-to-reverb/ )

I think its updated enough to get the big picture when it comes to the initial setup.

PD should be 1.0 in dcs and if higher resolution is desired( it gives a sharper picture) the oversampling should be done in steamVR instead.

For the settings in dcs, brb with some links later.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

Curious what your PD is set to.

My pd is 1.0. And in steam vr the resolution is set at 100%. That is probably 2206x2160 per eye. I’m at work right now. But I can check that to verify tonight. I tried running steam vr recently at 120-140% resolution and can still hold 45 FPS stable in most places. The average FPS does go

Down from 72 FPS to less than 55fps. I remember that since I spend an hour testing how far I can push it to make the game still playable with motion reprojection locked at 45 FPS. Waiting for 3080 gpu.

Sorry, but is this not just a case of motion projection being on? You’ll never see any more frames than 45.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Sorry, but is this not just a case of motion projection being on? You’ll never see any more frames than 45.

Might be, but 22fps is a slide show. With low settings and proper working 7700K + 2080ti + 32Gb it shouldnt really ever get down to 22fps.

Hi Guys,

Recently changed from a vive pro to the HP Reverb.

All works well in x-plane on high settings but i cant seem to get it to work with dcs, i tried multiple guides here on the forum but no matter what i do: high, low, super low settings in DCS or steam FPS gets stuck between 20 and 45 max (unplayable).

I have a i7-7700k, 32gb ram, 2080TI and everything on SSD's

Any help?

what are your setting in game, what is your idle CPU usage (out of game)?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Download fpsVR and tell us your CPU and GPU frame times.

Also you have winwing?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

SteamVR for DCS make sure it is set at 100% not 146% note you can set this individually in steam vr settings in the video tab when dcs is running. DCS restart required after.

You are trying to run a higher resolution and your cpu is bottlenecking

Please post a screenshot of your dcs settings we maybe able to suggest some tweaks.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2