Add Flaps UP / MVR / DN key assignments

bkthunder

Those of us with a custom Warthog profile can't use the 3-way flap switch because now there are onyl flaps up and flaps down assignments. Nothing for a middle position of the switch.

Can you add it please?

• Like 2

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 3 weeks later...
Those of us with a custom Warthog profile...

Not quite sure what your issue is. If you use the TM WH throttle, you got it all made. The pair of bindings "Toggle Flaps Up" and "Toggle Flaps Dn" give you the flaps middle position when the 3-position switch is moved to the middle position. These commands however are only available for the TM WH Throttle, and I guess that's your problem. To remedy that, these two lines of code should be added to "default.lua":

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_UP, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_UP,name = _('Toggle Flaps Up'), category = _('Systems')},
{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_DN,name = _('Toggle Flaps Dn'), category = _('Systems')},

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I think a "custom Warthog profile" means TARGET script which changes the controller from "Thrustmaster Warthog - Throttle" to "Thrustmaster Combined" which to DCS is a generic device.

My fix for this was to copy file Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua and name it as Thrustmaster Combined.lua in the Input\A-10_2\joystick\ folder. This way the TARGET joystick device sees the same command definitions as the non-TARGET joystick device.

Hold on, I'm using a stock TM Warthog HOTAS without Target, and the middle position of the flaps switch does not work in game at all. I only get flaps up (UP) and flaps down (DN). MVR is unmappable for me in the A-10C II module, and setting MVR in game results in no flap movement.

Hold on, I'm using a stock TM Warthog HOTAS without Target, and the middle position of the flaps switch does not work in game at all. I only get flaps up (UP) and flaps down (DN). MVR is unmappable for me in the A-10C II module, and setting MVR in game results in no flap movement.

It works for me.

When you begin your flight try switching thru all positions of that switch, so the game "knew" what is present stat. It sometimes get stuck if you don't do that (same goes with throttles), but other then that it works fine.

That's how it's supposed to work except releasing those buttons should result in the switch moving to the middle position. The names of the controls are "Toggle Flaps Up" and "Toggle Flaps Dn" and they should only be assignable to the Thrustmaster Warthog - Throttle controller.

Did you do anything odd like modify those files or import the A-10C controls into A-10C II module?

FIXED

I created my A-10C II controls profile from scratch, so it shouldn't be a compatibility issue. I assigned the switch to Toggle Flaps UP and DN, which should have worked but didn't. I erased that binding, tried binding to "Flaps up" and "flaps down." That didn't work either, so I erased those. I bound to "Toggle flaps" a second time and NOW it works.

Edited by Nealius

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Hinkey said:

+1. Would like individual UP/MVR/DN flap keybinds available in the stock aircraft. It seems pretty weak to require editing a .lua file for something as fundamental as flaps.

I sympathize with what you say. But we have the same situation for the original A-10C, and that has been there for years and years (I installed it in 2013!). I would therefore not expect ED to add the 3-position command to the A-10C II. So if you want to use the flaps command in a meaningful way, you will have to bite into the sour apple and edit the "default.lua".
I have had to edit the LUA files on all aircrafts I own and play, and only in very few cases could I remove my additions because ED or the 3rd party developer added the bindings into the stock version..

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

21 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I sympathize with what you say. But we have the same situation for the original A-10C, and that has been there for years and years (I installed it in 2013!). I would therefore not expect ED to add the 3-position command to the A-10C II. So if you want to use the flaps command in a meaningful way, you will have to bite into the sour apple and edit the "default.lua".
I have had to edit the LUA files on all aircrafts I own and play, and only in very few cases could I remove my additions because ED or the 3rd party developer added the bindings into the stock version..

I'm guessing you're right, but not having to edit the .lua for basic features is still on my wishlist. Or maybe it's part of the new cyberwarfare module for DCS where you have to learn to be a programmer to play.

It's on my wishlist too, and I hate to be right in this matter. I have suggested this improvement in many posts, and it had the same effect as pinching a bull's horn: the bull doesn't even notice. So I do myself what it takes to make the sim work the way I want it.

LeCuvier

• 4 weeks later...

I would add the following lines:

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_UP, name = _('Flaps Set Up'), category = _('Custom')},

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_UP, name = _('Flaps Set Maneuver), category = _('Custom')},

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, name = _('Flaps Set Down), category = _('Custom')},

24 minutes ago, Frederf said:

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_UP, name = _('Flaps Set Up'), category = _('Custom')},

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_UP, name = _('Flaps Set Maneuver), category = _('Custom')},

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, name = _('Flaps Set Down), category = _('Custom')},

These 3 lines are fine if you want to use 3 pushbuttons for the flaps.
If you want to use a 3-position switch (like the Flaps switch on the TM WH throttle, use the 2 lines in my earlier post (18-OCT-2021).

LeCuvier

On 2/18/2021 at 2:39 PM, Frederf said:

Thanks, this is what I wanted. I'm using a Virpil throttle and gave the flap lever divided into a 3 position switch. 

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11