[CORRECT AS IS] TGP boresight

mlb406

Hi, loving the upgraded A-10.

Just been on a training mission to try out the new stuff and found that whereas previously I could recage my TGP to boresight with China Hat Aft Short when TGP is SOI, this now operates the LSS function - I think this has changed since the previous version, although I could just be getting my muscle memory confused :huh:

Many thanks

very happy I'm not going nuts, had the same issue

I would really appreciate a tick box to toggle “TGP China Hat old behaviour”

If they are going for "reality" unfortunately for you I don't think you'll see that. But who knows, they've made other compromises like "realistic/unrealistic" TDC slew.

That being said, I'm already used to the updated way (lack of re-caging to boresight/snowplow). You might find that you adapt to the new method quite quickly. Also, being able to quickly slave it to the HMCS almost makes it a non-issue as you can quickly manipulate where the TGP points. Much quicker than before for sure.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

You don't need a special HOTAS command to boresigth the TGP. Do you want your TGP to look forward? easy, just look forward and press DMS right long. The TGP will look where you are looking. There you have it boresighted.

I understand that after so many years it is hard to change muscle memory but in a few days you will see it is just better in every way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't need a special HOTAS command to boresigth the TGP. Do you want your TGP to look forward? easy, just look forward and press DMS right long. The TGP will look where you are looking. There you have it boresighted.

I understand that after so many years it is hard to change muscle memory but in a few days you will see it is just better in every way.

It won't stay there though, with the method you described, which is why I think some people are not thrilled about it. I personally like the new method and have already become use to the change.

That being said, I don't personally see an argument to reinstate the ability to cage it to boresight/snowplow mode - aside from one person who mentioned having a disability that makes it difficult to rotate their head. Even still, there is the ability to depress STBY and then AG again.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

So what's the best procedure to get rid of the gimbal limits warning now?

I used to do short-china-hat-aft + long-china-hat-fwd to reset my TGP in the A10C-1.

Anyone know of a better solution to reset the TGP than to switch between STBY- and AG-mode ?

So what's the best procedure to get rid of the gimbal limits warning now?

I used to do short-china-hat-aft + long-china-hat-fwd to reset my TGP in the A10C-1.

Anyone know of a better solution to reset the TGP than to switch between STBY- and AG-mode ?

Apparently it is self fixing the gimbal issues now:

On the previous version of A-10C the boresight function of TGP was mainly used to reset Gimbal Roll. On this new version it seems that the Gimbal Roll is reseted automatically. I made some quick test and when you lock a target the TGP come back to a centered position before locking SPI. May be I'm wrong but this is what I noticed. In this case reset TGP to boresight is less important.

I will do more test tomorrow...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Gimbal Roll, How to Fix

Hey guys. When I'm making multiple attacks with the TGP, I tend to get a GIMBAL ROLL message on the TGP screen, and the TGP will slew off of its target and away.

I don't know the specifics of why, but I do know that this can happen occasionally and is to be expected, but in the old Hawg, I would boresight the TGP with China Hat Aft Short, then slew it back onto the target via my own choice of method.

Since the new Hawg no longer has the boresight feature (I'm not complaining, it's realistic from what I've read, and am therefore happy it's not in anymore), how do I fix the TGP when this happens?

I've already had a few laser mavs and one APKWS miss because the laser will stop firing when the GIMBAL ROLL message appears, even if the TGP stays on target.

Thanks!!

Thank Snoopy, he made the suggestion ;)

I'm trying to be a productive, and positive helper :D :thumbup: In all seriousness please pass on to the devs that they are doing great and hopefully some of the bugs I reported 8 years ago finally get fixed!! :smilewink: I'm very impressed with what they have done and included in HMCS so far. Hopefully these items will get included eventually as well.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4508242&postcount=5

• Thanks 1

So I just hit a sticking point that I only saw one reply about... Gimbal Roll. At least in my case, it did not fix itself, and I couldn't find any quick way to fix this... The main use I had for 'boresight' on the HOTAS was this exact situation... I didn't try the standby then back into AG mode 'workaround', but that would be super clunky in the middle of everything else...

Centering the TGP

Ok, am I nuts or not? Re-centering the TGP, prior to the A-10C II was always done with China Hat Aft, but in the II, China Hat Aft is turning on LSS mode in the TGP, regardless of left or right MFD.

I don't remember any key bound specifically to toggling LSS in the TGP and its not bound to OBS 6 on either MFD, so what up?

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]