[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Controls help

BuzzU

Something is broke. The controls all work on the plane but they have no affect on flight. I can go into free flight mission. I can see the elevator moving up and down and the ailerons moving but they won't move the plane. It just dives for the ground and crashes.

Anybody else?

Buzz

The controls are all set. Everything works perfect in axis assign menu. They also work fine on the plane. They just don't move the plane.

This is a brand new OB install I did last night. Updated to the latest update. The A-10C ll is the only plane installed.

Buzz

Delete the double bindings on unused controllers?

Cmon, i'm not new at this. Everything is set perfect. I can go to F2 view and see the elevator move full up and the plane dives for the ground. All the controls are working as they should but do nothing to the flight of the plane.

Has anybody else flown the plane yet?

Buzz

downloading now

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Ok, so it flew for you. I just tried the P-51 and it flys fine. My problem must be the install of the A-10C ll.

Not sure why this thread was moved? It's not a controller problem.

I had a bad gateway error first time I tried to download, second time it downloaded fine. The servers must be screaming with everybody trying to download it. It might have missed a couple of files for you mate.

GigabyteZ390, 9900K, RTX2080, 32 gig RAM,TM Warthog, Cessna Pro Pedals, Pico 4

Just remapped all flight controls. Started out with most double bound between stick and throttle.

Now I'm stuck in a perpetual waiting for pooled tasks...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Yes there are some changes to the HOTAS. I'm trying to reset the TPOD but when I China Hat rear/short the LSS turns on. Anyone else have that problem?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Now China Hat doesn't drop TPOD to center position.

You can reset TPOD by placing it to STBY or to Slave to another SPI or so...

Edited by ICS_Vortex

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Finished a few TO/L

Everything checks out

--Arthur C Clark

Something is broke. The controls all work on the plane but they have no affect on flight. I can go into free flight mission. I can see the elevator moving up and down and the ailerons moving but they won't move the plane. It just dives for the ground and crashes.

Anybody else?

I know what you mean. I have that same issue, no control at all.

Reinstalled etc and remapped same thing. smashes into the ground if I start a free flight. Take off isn't possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After 3 repairs and I even deleted the A-10C ll folder and let it install again. No help. Can't fly it.

$10 wasted.

Try to think in solutions instead of problems. Obviously it has something to do with controls and/or your controller. Check RCtrl + Enter to see if your stick might be giving unwanted commands. Check your axis. Ranting is not going to get you anywhere.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Just a suggestion, are you flying with an old mission that maybe isn't compatible, try making a new mission with the current OB

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

It's not my controller. The plane won't fly with the key board comands either. What you keep forgetting is the my controller is moving the elevator but it has no affect on the flight. Something is wrong with the plane files but I don't know how to fix it.

Buzz

I'm going to try one more thing before giving up. I'll uninstall DCS completely and reinstall OB. I hate to do that with the server as it is now. It will take forever. Then do a fresh install of the plane. If it does the same thing again i'm done.

Buzz

Do have any kind of virtual controller running...? I know some who use OpenTrack etc have had issues with them.

--Arthur C Clark

This has to be missing files that didn't get downloaded. I'm not sure why the repair didn't work to fix that but it didn't. That's all it can be. If the control surfaces are moving and the plane doesn't react to them in any way. Files have to be missing.

Surprisingly, the download for the OB install is fast. I'm going to take the pooch for his run and it should be downloading when I get back. Then we'll see how the plane downloads.

Buzz

Had no problem with the A-10 II Tank Killer module either. Just hopped into the "take off" quick action mission on Caucasus, configured my controls per the usual, and off I went. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com