Framerate F16 cockpit

Csgo GE oh yeah

Are the textures of higher quality compared to other aircraft or something ?

Just sitting in the F16 seems to cost 20% performance, anyone know why that is ?

EDIT* Ok so it's not so much about framerate. Even with high enough framerate, looking around in the cockpit seems laggy, or 'unsmooth' . Like frames are missing , but FPS (and frametime) are good ??

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah
  • Like 1

I have always seen the F-16 cockpit to be more demanding on resources compare to the Hornet. This is very noticeable for me in vr.

The texture quality of the Viper could very well be higher thatn others.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

What I will say is that the textures in the F-16 look higher in resolution compared to the Hornet - you can zoom further and still have the details sharp.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I noticed this for the first time after teh last update. The 16 Cockpit isn't low frames, but all of a sudden is like head tracking is just slowed down. It's moving smoothly, it's just not moving quickly. But FPS is still high.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

I noticed this too

Looking around from side wall to side wall is not smooth in VR.

I also noticed that the new A-10C II cockpit has the same issue. Looking around at the instruments (especially the side wall panels) isn't smooth.

Hornet cockpit is running totally smooth with the same settings :huh:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH