[FIXED] Stick shaking after de-fog use

VC

After turning on the de-fog, the stick shakes when moved. Control surfaces shake and flight input is not smooth.

It continues to shake after resetting ECS (to turn off de-fog), and after increasing temperature to "warm up" the pilot.

Thanks to "unknown" for reproducing the issue and providing video (below) and track file (attached).

shaking_stick_after_defog_on_caucasus.trk

Edited by uboats

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

After todays OB update it looks like Deka has changed something in the stick shaking behaviour. With todays OB update the shaking lasts only for ~15 seconds. So, is this behaviour wanted by Deka or an unintentionally interaction between pilot freezing effect and the de-fog function?

Track, latest OB, caucasus, default DCS weather.

@VC

If you change the YT link from:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orBTXLNG-iA[/url]

to:

["YOUTUBE"]orBTXLNG-iA["/YOUTUBE"]

without the " marks you can embed the video directly.

shaking_stick_after_defog_on_caucasus_update.trk

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Nice to see it's partly fixed, or at least it goes away.

The thread got marked as [WIP], what does that mean? Deka are aware and still implementing?

WIP = Work In Progress

The feature is implemented partly and odd behaviour like we see is possible/likely. So we just have to wait until Deka has finished this.

Atleast that is my interpretation. :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Just updating findings for this patch. Defog still causes shake, that's fine, I understand it's WIP. In order to stop it, you need to reset ECS (flick off the back to norm) and set the cockpit air to cooler: either 20 degrees or less, or the manual "cold" setting. That seems to get rid of the shaking. If it's already on that setting, you may need to cycle the switch. Setting the temperature to 30 or higher also causes stick shake, even without touching defog, and goes away at lower temperature settings.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Just updating findings for this patch. Defog still causes shake, that's fine, I understand it's WIP. In order to stop it, you need to reset ECS (flick off the back to norm) and set the cockpit air to cooler: either 20 degrees or less, or the manual "cold" setting. That seems to get rid of the shaking. If it's already on that setting, you may need to cycle the switch. Setting the temperature to 30 or higher also causes stick shake, even without touching defog, and goes away at lower temperature settings.

I've been doing some tests, if the sticks shakes when defog use, is not due to Cold, is because it is having a heat stroke or something like that, so if you have stick shaking "without theets sounds" that means your pilot is too hot

• 4 weeks later...
It's a very annoying feature and I don't know what it's suppose to represent. I hope they will remove it soon.

in my opinion features like this should have a special options toggle, at least until finished. it’s extremely hard to deal with in its current WIP state.

just spent two days trying to diagnose this awful stick jitter back to center, literally seems more like a bug than a feature, would really like this one removed completely. Figured it must be a bug and rebound all of my controls twice

in my opinion features like this should have a special options toggle, at least until finished. it’s extremely hard to deal with in its current WIP state.

just spent two days trying to diagnose this awful stick jitter back to center, literally seems more like a bug than a feature, would really like this one removed completely. Figured it must be a bug and rebound all of my controls twice

+1