Mission 6

speed-of-heat

a couple of ,minor things

- clam is out of position and on the outside of the formation all the way after join up, and also executes his missing man pull up from the outside edge of the formation ?

- The Tacan for VFO seems to be ofset by about 23nm ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have had three tries at Mission 6. All of which have failed due to 405 and 406 failing to launch off of carrier and just disappearing. If I launch off of CAT 2, 405 manages to get airborne. Using CAT 1 it just ends up with me and 410! 410 launches just before me. Is there a sequence for the launch that I need to follow?

I set the Tacan while on the ship and it looked like it was ok!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just completed M06 seemed to have a TACAN failure after the missing man. Was that a finger fire, or a sneaky reference to Saint's TACAN gripe later in the book?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did this fix get pushed to the current version of the game yet?

I didn't have any trouble with my wingmen, but the carrier TACAN was off by 20 odd miles for me too.

I also got no grade for improper communications on the landing, but perhaps I was supposed to switch frequencies again after switching Marshall? May have been my error that one

Edited by SamJM