PSVR

Lefty91

So I thought I'd give this VR a try. I'm using my sons PSVR for now. The issue I'm having is I can see my computer screen and the apps I have open on the bottom toolbar but when I click on them the VR isn't showing them open. I'll open DCS and on my main monitor it's just fine but through the VR it's not showing the screen. Any ideas? Thank you!

PSVR is not officially supported on pc . There is a third-party app called Trinus that is supposed to enable pc/psvr , results haven't generally been great from what i've read . And DCS is another kettle of fish altogether .

In short , not a good candidate for testing vr in DCS .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Few years ago I also connected my PSVR to my pc, using Trinus (as svsmokey mentioned).

Pretty sure I only got it to work on 3 DOF (iirc), but it did work in DCS. My old pc at that time didn't have enough horsepower to properly run DCS in vr, but it gave me enough "mind-is-blown" experience, to pull the trigger and buy a new pc and a proper hmd.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

PSVR is complicated and today not worth of bothering with it.

Point is you need to pay for additional software plus on PC works only PS3 eye cams and you will need it minimum 3 of it. That way your controllers will work and you can doo some modification on HMD in way with table tennis ball.

And all this trouble for just 1080p, resolution of DK2. Not worth it and you can get complewtly wrong impresion for VR on PC.

Better option is for same money, work and time invest in such adventure buy your self some used CV1.

More better option is to buy Quest2 for 300$ and if you don't like it you will always be able to sell it.

If you like it sell it anyway and get your self HP Reverb G2, best buy option.

Point with quest2 is to reach additional comfort, battery life and audio you will reach 600$ with all this modifications and upgrade to Quest2 and that is exactly price of G2 which is still better quality HMD in the end.

PSVR is complicated and today not worth of bothering with it.

Point is you need to pay for additional software plus on PC works only PS3 eye cams and you will need it minimum 3 of it. That way your controllers will work and you can doo some modification on HMD in way with table tennis ball.

And all this trouble for just 1080p, resolution of DK2. Not worth it and you can get complewtly wrong impresion for VR on PC.

Better option is for same money, work and time invest in such adventure buy your self some used CV1.

More better option is to buy Quest2 for 300$ and if you don't like it you will always be able to sell it.

If you like it sell it anyway and get your self HP Reverb G2, best buy option.

Point with quest2 is to reach additional comfort, battery life and audio you will reach 600$ with all this modifications and upgrade to Quest2 and that is exactly price of G2 which is still better quality HMD in the end.

I think you missed that the OP already owns a PSVR. Of course you shouldn't buy one for pc gaming.

Not sure if anything changed, but I definitely didn't have to pay anything to test Trinus and PSVR on my pc. Also I was blown away being able to actually sit inside the virtual cockpit for the first time in my life, despite its low resolution and only 3 DOF.

(True... Maybe I'm just easily impressed :P)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I think you missed that the OP already owns a PSVR. Of course you shouldn't buy one for pc gaming.

Not sure if anything changed, but I definitely didn't have to pay anything to test Trinus and PSVR on my pc. Also I was blown away being able to actually sit inside the virtual cockpit for the first time in my life, despite its low resolution and only 3 DOF.

(True... Maybe I'm just easily impressed :P)

And all this trouble for just 1080p, resolution of DK2. Not worth it and you can get completely wrong impression for VR on PC.

That will definitely be wrong impression without controllers and just 3DoF.

This will look like DCS Mindcraft World VR.

Edited by wormeaten

That will definitely be wrong impression without controllers and just 3DoF.

This will look like DCS Mindcraft World VR.

Have you tried it, or is your conclusion based on your own assumptions :smilewink:

I just shared, twice, that for me it was a very impressive experience (despite 3 DOF and despite the low resolution). So let's keep it at "depending on your standards, you'll either be blown away, or disappointed"

By the way, not having VR controllers is no issue. I think most DCS VR users never use them anyways.

System specs:

Have you tried it, or is your conclusion based on your own assumptions :smilewink:

I just shared, twice, that for me it was a very impressive experience (despite 3 DOF and despite the low resolution). So let's keep it at "depending on your standards, you'll either be blown away, or disappointed"

By the way, not having VR controllers is no issue. I think most DCS VR users never use them anyways.

VR in general is very individual experience. Some people are satisfied with DK2 and others are not impressed even on Reverb.

I tried everything from GearVR to Oculus GO for example what could be compared with results he can get on PSVR. It is using same kind of software he will use. and remeber it is 1440p not 1080p. I even try some old phones with 720p. It is working but... Simply it is not for some serious playing.

Quest2 and PSVR is night and day difference. Complete game changer.

With PSVR he could get completely wrong impression. It is possible but to me not worth it. If he start to like it he will go to upgrade it and it is never ending story.

I just want him to not repeat mistake I made in the past. Easily he can spend 150 to 200$ for upgrades and with just 100 more he can have 3 times better solution out of the box.

That is only thing I want to say.

VR in general is very individual experience. Some people are satisfied with DK2 and others are not impressed even on Reverb.

I tried everything from GearVR to Oculus GO for example what could be compared with results he can get on PSVR. It is using same kind of software he will use. and remeber it is 1440p not 1080p. I even try some old phones with 720p. It is working but... Simply it is not for some serious playing.

Quest2 and PSVR is night and day difference. Complete game changer.

With PSVR he could get completely wrong impression. It is possible but to me not worth it. If he start to like it he will go to upgrade it and it is never ending story.

I just want him to not repeat mistake I made in the past. Easily he can spend 150 to 200$ for upgrades and with just 100 more he can have 3 times better solution out of the box.

That is only thing I want to say.

I understand you and I don't disagree, but keep in mind, the OP said he already owns a PSVR. So apart from maybe get disappointed by its resolution, it won't cost him a single dollar to just try it.

Anyways... it seems like the OP has left the building long time ago :P

System specs: