"Next Target" - Button

Skyron

Hallo and good evening everyone,

How come does Pilot controls dont come with a "Next Target" button, to change primary TWS target.

It would be really handfull while in multiplayer with another tomcat, when both planes have the same primary target when 2 targets.

For now the only way is to STT "TWS no 2 or-"

Thanks

Because its a simulation and the targeting systems in the Tomcat didn't have a next target button.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Because its a simulation and the targeting systems in the Tomcat didn't have a next target button.

So they all just shot at the same target? I think if you exercise a tad of patience with the OP you will see that he is kind of asking for a work around not some stiff beating him over the head with the obvious....

How would experts like you change designated targets with jester and not a real rio??

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Jester: - Next Target .. ?

if only

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Next Launch isn't the same as "next target" in games.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

So they all just shot at the same target? I think if you exercise a tad of patience with the OP you will see that he is kind of asking for a work around not some stiff beating him over the head with the obvious....

How would experts like you change designated targets with jester and not a real rio??

I wasn't being fasciculus, I was stating the reality of it. Don't be in such a hurry to go negative.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The WCS prioritises targets automatically; if two F-14s are approaching the same target group from a similar bearing, it's highly likely that the WCS in each Tomcat will prioritise the targets identically. Not much you can do in this regard.

However, as I understand it, a real RIO has the ability to override the WCS prioritisation and manually assign prioritisation.

Jester cannot do this (yet) though I think Ironmike suggested they might see what can be done in this regard.

Personally, Jester wheel TWS commands "Manual prioritisation Left to Right" and "Manual prioritisation Right to Left" would be a great start, allowing two separate F-14 drivers to sort on a hostile group and be able to launch on separate targets; however, whether this is achievable is up to HB.

Go seat two, select, do 'next launch', go seat 1.

But OP does not want to do that .. he wants to stay in seat 1,

because he paid USD 80, and he is a stubborn SOA*.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

You can't switch seats in multiplayer...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

or maybe he plays multiplayer :doh:

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Hallo and good evening everyone,

How come does Pilot controls dont come with a "Next Target" button, to change primary TWS target.

It would be really handfull while in multiplayer with another tomcat, when both planes have the same primary target when 2 targets.

For now the only way is to STT "TWS no 2 or-"

Thanks

As stated above

Id like to add whenever you wonder at SP things remember its a sim of a 2 man plane! Everything in the f14 was made for 2 people to do! So you wouldnt need next target IRL ud say hook xxx noow!

The WCS prioritises targets automatically; if two F-14s are approaching the same target group from a similar bearing, it's highly likely that the WCS in each Tomcat will prioritise the targets identically. Not much you can do in this regard.

However, as I understand it, a real RIO has the ability to override the WCS prioritisation and manually assign prioritisation.

Jester cannot do this (yet) though I think Ironmike suggested they might see what can be done in this regard.

Personally, Jester wheel TWS commands "Manual prioritisation Left to Right" and "Manual prioritisation Right to Left" would be a great start, allowing two separate F-14 drivers to sort on a hostile group and be able to launch on separate targets; however, whether this is achievable is up to HB.

It doesnt quite work that way, the only thing the RIO can do is skip one priority, by pressing "next launch". The prioritization is always done by the AWG9 exclusively.

However in a 2 ship that is more than enough ofc. One simply sticks with prio 1, and the other skips it with "next launch" and thus makes previous prio 2 to the new prio 1.

We definitely have "next launch" for Jester on the list, as we see how it is a necessary input for Singleplayer pilots to have.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It doesnt quite work that way, the only thing the RIO can do is skip one priority, by pressing "next launch". The prioritization is always done by the AWG9 exclusively.

That's what I thought as well, but as I'm not using the Next Launch function much (I do other things to get the target I want, like mandatory attack or friendly designations), I first checked the manual to be really sure and there it says something different:

In addition it is possible to command the WCS to set a track as priority 1 in the firing order by hooking it and pressing NEXT LAUNCH on the RIO armament panel.
https://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/weapons.html#tws

So apparently you can designate any contact you like as your number 1 priority by hooking it and pressing Next Launch?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

... unfortunately you can't jump into the backseat in MP.

And "Next launch" is not available through Jester, so OP is stuck with the need for a human RIO or playing SP only?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

... unfortunately you can't jump into the backseat in MP.

And "Next launch" is not available through Jester, so OP is stuck with the need for a human RIO or playing SP only?

yeh or stt lock the 1 you want to pew

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

To get your wingman to fire on a particular target in single player, would you switch to STT and choose attack my target (or whatever the order in DCS is) and then switch back to TWS and choose next target as RIO, so you don't both fire on the same one?

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

In a 2-ship without human RIOs, what we do (and it’s real world SOP as well) is have the Lead launch in TWS and have the Wing launch in STT. It’s fairly easy to command Jester to STT a specific target as long as it’s not a huge furball out there. This somewhat negates the downside of not being able to command Jester to use Next Launch.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick