[PROPERLY ALIGN INS] Can't get datalink to work

Mohamengina

Most probably not correctly aligned INS. Make sure you are not rearming the plane when aligning (or any other action which moves the aircraft).

Also I always turn the MIDS on before the aligning, but I am not sure if this has some effect on the final result.

Edited by FrostCZ

The datalink switch in our Viper does nothing, instead the Datalink is enabled through the MIDS rotary knob, looks like and is pretty much next to the INS knob, with this set to on the datalink should work.

If this isnt the issue a short track replay of how you start the jet would help.

What could be wrong with the MIDS knob if it is turned on?

Please share a track.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

What could be wrong with the MIDS knob if it is turned on?

The MIDS knob seems to be the easiest to forget, because of its position in the cockpit. I certainly kept forgetting about it when I picked up the F-16. That's why I mention it.

You're either forgetting something, your checklist is wrong/incomplete or you're running into a bug I haven't seen before. A track file would help.

• 2 weeks later...
Had the same issue. Confirming the latitude & longitude in the DED resolved it. Good Datalink every time.

That's it. Needed correct alignment procedure.

Thank you!

But in Stored Heading INS Alignment procedure, confirming the latitude & longitude in the DED is not needed unlike Norm procedure.

So it may be the issue with datalink not working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.