Link16

Orsi

The A-10C doesn’t have Link 16, it’s SADL does have the ability to access/connect with the Link 16 via a Gateway

Even the newer suites? I’ve found this “ Other changes included two multifunction displays, a modern communications suite including a Link-16 radio and SATCOM.” Maybe air force upgraded a10c with link16.

This gateway is the awacs?

.Impact;4502520']From EDs facebook: Link

FUhPGyU.jpeg

Can anyone provide some pointers on this gateway functionality? I don't see any options on the E-3, the mission settings, or see any units that should be gateway nodes in real life.

You can see the AWACS units on the TAD but it doesn't share any other units it is aware of. Having friendly and enemy air units on the map would be a life saver.

Can anyone provide some pointers on this gateway functionality? I don't see any options on the E-3, the mission settings, or see any units that should be gateway nodes in real life.

You can see the AWACS units on the TAD but it doesn't share any other units it is aware of. Having friendly and enemy air units on the map would be a life saver.

Most of this Gateway stuff isn't properly simulated in the current A-10C afaik, it is also not an option you need to turn on on an AWACS. I am not even sure if the gateway to Link 16 is in the AWACS or is in the A-10C itself, Snoopy might now this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most of this Gateway stuff isn't properly simulated in the current A-10C afaik, it is also not an option you need to turn on on an AWACS. I am not even sure if the gateway to Link 16 is in the AWACS or is in the A-10C itself, Snoopy might now this.

Current E-3s have both Link 16 and SADL. I don't know if they translate between the protocols like an E-11 or EQ-4 does, but at the very least I would expect it would sharing tracks that it was aware of rather than just providing its own location.

Perhaps it's just a lost in translation issue, but the FB comment reads like it's a capability we should have already.