Plugin nor VA connect with DCS

mutz

Gents

I was playing for quite a moment with VA and Vaicom Pro.

Than I bought a new soundcard (SB OMNI 5.1) but the card did not work correctly so I changed it again for SB X3 which works fine. Before installation I uninstalled all othe sounf devices to no problems. Than I reinstalled VA and Vaicom Pro. VA still understands me very well... but it does not connect to DCS, means no resons. So I checked the WEB, the Manuals, the FAQ still no solution. I have also no module on VAICOM. For me it seems VA or Vaicom point into the nowere...:helpsmilie:

Belive me I tried everything what was in the above mentioned DOC etc, now I am really at the end of my ideas and help from cracks in this forum. I was thinking that I understood the Programms but it seems not...:cry:

Any idea is appreciated, but as said alredy the common proposals did not help. Thanks Guys for any help or idea. Cheers Mutz:noexpression:

Gents

I was playing for quite a moment with VA and Vaicom Pro.

Than I bought a new soundcard (SB OMNI 5.1) but the card did not work correctly so I changed it again for SB X3 which works fine. Before installation I uninstalled all othe sounf devices to no problems. Than I reinstalled VA and Vaicom Pro. VA still understands me very well... but it does not connect to DCS, means no resons. So I checked the WEB, the Manuals, the FAQ still no solution. I have also no module on VAICOM. For me it seems VA or Vaicom point into the nowere...:helpsmilie:

Belive me I tried everything what was in the above mentioned DOC etc, now I am really at the end of my ideas and help from cracks in this forum. I was thinking that I understood the Programms but it seems not...:cry:

Any idea is appreciated, but as said alredy the common proposals did not help. Thanks Guys for any help or idea. Cheers Mutz:noexpression:

VAICOM is a plugin for VA and talks directly with DCS. VAICOM does not send keypresses like VA does. It just uses VA for the speech recognition.

Can you post some screen shots of your settings in the VAICOM control panel?

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

If you turn on debug in Vaicom are there any messages in the log which give a clue

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi Mutz! Thank you. Your path is wrong. You have pointed it to the bin folder. Point it one folder up. Only "G:\DCS World"

Also, you have set the slider to "openbeta". Your install seems to be Stable. Or the path should be "G:\DCS World OpenBeta", unless you have converted your Stable to OpenBeta.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Hi Mutz! Thank you. Your path is wrong. You have pointed it to the bin folder. Point it one folder up. Only "G:\DCS World"

Also, you have set the slider to "openbeta". Your install seems to be Stable. Or the path should be "G:\DCS World OpenBeta", unless you have converted your Stable to OpenBeta.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Ok the path was a test, it didi not work with the other path neither. The Folders name is DCS and it is the openbeta. I have also a stable installation but on another Drive therefore it should not ve an issue.

Ok the path was a test, it didi not work with the other path neither. The Folders name is DCS and it is the openbeta. I have also a stable installation but on another Drive therefore it should not ve an issue.
I'm on my phone so reading the log is a little cumbersome. Okay, then I take it you have changed the path accordingly. Now I need you to check the export.lua file in "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\scripts"

EDIT: I read the log. Have you managed to drag your saved games into your contacts folder? Never seen that before, but it seems to work anyway.

VAICOM is working, so that's good. The problem is that your paths and registry settings seems off. And that will prevent the export.lua installation to be completed correctly. You already told us the path was a test. So, fix registry. Correct path. Delete export.lua and restart VA. That should fix it.

Cheers

Edited by MAXsenna

I'm on my phone so reading the log is a little cumbersome. Okay, then I take it you have changed the path accordingly. Now I need you to check the export.lua file in "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\scripts"

EDIT: I read the log. Have you managed to drag your saved games into your contacts folder? Never seen that before, but it seems to work anyway.

VAICOM is working, so that's good. The problem is that your paths and registry settings seems off. And that will prevent the export.lua installation to be completed correctly. You already told us the path was a test. So, fix registry. Correct path. Delete export.lua and restart VA. That should fix it.

Hey, you are my hero!thumbup.gif Deleted Export.lua, startred up and.. it works. Copied the other lines in the new created export.lua and YES all is working. Thank you very, very much, I owe you a beer (at least). I was just not thinking to delete the file. I made that before music_whistling.gif

This makes the Flight Sim community so special, no bad jokes but real help.

cheer3nc.gifdrinks_cheers.gif Mutz

Hey, you are my hero!thumbup.gif Deleted Export.lua, startred up and.. it works. Copied the other lines in the new created export.lua and YES all is working. Thank you very, very much, I owe you a beer (at least). I was just not thinking to delete the file. I made that before music_whistling.gif

Fantastic!

And I agree this community is very helpful!!

Enjoy, and thanks for the beer!

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 7:08 PM, mutz said:

What do you mean by "copied other lines in the new export.lua"? I have the same problem with VA and want to fix it but not sure which lines I will need to copy. 

Not sure and wait for @mutz to answer, but I think he's referring to the orignal Export.lua, this may contain lines from other programs, example TacView to name one.

I'd recommend renaming your old Export.lua to something like Export.old so as it's not overwritten. Then when you point Vaicom to the correct path it will make a new Export.lua.

Open them both then add the extra lines in the Export.old to the new Export.lua so as nothing is lost.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My copy of Viacom works great when DCS isnt running. With DCS running the mike switches on and off so quickly that I dont get the clicks. I have deleted all the mike inputs on the hotas page of the settings and also deleted the lua file in the saved games folder. not sure what to tryViacom issue.JPG

Update

I have got the VA screen in front of DCS, turned listening on with the icon, and it works, so it must be something to do with PTT set up. I use a TM Warthog and used the default imported script. On the DCS Hotas controls ALL mike switch presses have been cleared. I am really confused as to what to do as when DCS isnt running it works well.