C-704/705?

Foogle

In previous threads I've noticed that some pictures advertise the C-705KD as an option for the JF-17. Is there any chance we will be getting it, or any of it's derivatives or predecessors?

wv0ORkO.jpg

I guess it could come in a future. Not going to lie here, is the first time I've heard about it but I will investigate about that weapon and see what it is

KD is the MITL IR/TV version, even though that looks more like a radar seeker in the presented missile. It’s basically an enlarged C-701 with bigger rocket turbojet retractable wings, basically C-602 design but half the size.

It has 130kg warhead, 140km range, with weight of 320kg, I don’t know if it could be carried on station 2/6, but if it could only carry it on 3/5, then it’s not really any more useful then C-802AKG.

This placard doesn’t mention GPS but other C-705 variants have it. If it has GPS, that would be more useful then C-802AKG in situations where you need fire and forget precision

D2965EF6-4441-4700-BED2-919249B1518D.thumb.jpeg.0b4233ebd2c9383d891d174ed7fbbfe4.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

KD is the MITL IR/TV version, even though that looks more like a radar seeker in the presented missile. It’s basically an enlarged C-701 with bigger rocket turbojet retractable wings, basically C-602 design but half the size.

It has 130kg warhead, 140km range, with weight of 320kg, I don’t know if it could be carried on station 2/6, but if it could only carry it on 3/5, then it’s not really any more useful then C-802AKG.

This placard doesn’t mention GPS but other C-705 variants have it. If it has GPS, that would be more useful then C-802AKG in situations where you need fire and forget precision

I have to disagree; it's useful if you're concerned about collateral. The 802 is quite the bomb to land in an alleyway or courtyard.

It's also lighter and smaller, producing less drag, which would make it suitable for longer flights where gas is concern.

I have to disagree; it's useful if you're concerned about collateral. The 802 is quite the bomb to land in an alleyway or courtyard.

It's also lighter and smaller, producing less drag, which would make it suitable for longer flights where gas is concern.

Yeah for sure, good points

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg