[RESOLVED] New AGM-65F Maverick DOES NOT work.

DmitriKozlowsky

also can't get it to function

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

New AGM-65F Maverick DOES NOT work.

Seems to have a shorter lock range (5-4 NM) now ?

I do not know if engagement procedure has changed, or this is a bug, but AGM-65F IRMAV does not work at all for me. It never locks.

Using the TPOD and TDC the F was sometimes slow to become SOI (after SS Up i.e. TPOD would still slew with IMAV in top left of screen) and I needed to press the FOV button on the left DDI before the MAV seeker would slew.

G would do it almost automatically onto hot spot, when slewed. F fails completely.

IIRC the G used to lock around 7-6 NM when FOV was zoomed in.

And the Hornet locks and fires the F at ~7.2 NM @ 500 TAS

Track attached.

Track requires Nevada Map and uses several mods, so won't play i.e. requires F22A, C130J, MB-339 PAN and MQ9_PREDATOR_B

Tested 2.5.6.55363

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 1 month later...

3 Nights plowing with the AGM-65F. Got frustrated last nigh and ended up here. I see im not alone and it confirms these missiles are not working indeed as they used to do.

If I may, finetune this module first before dumping a borked variant (II ist it?) into the market.

It's broken and I've tried the F's every which way I can. The range doesn't seem to matter, i can be within 2 or 3 miles and I just get nothing but break lock after break lock. The harrier mav's used to be rock solid, they are borked now.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

If I may, fine tune this module first before dumping a borked variant (II ist it?) into the market.

The Harrier used the AGM-65G as a place holder, after ED added the AGM-65F to the Hornet, we asked RB to replace the G with the F as it's the one used IRL, the AGM-65F is working fine when fired from the Hornet, unfortunately RB's first iteration is having issues when fired from the Harrier.

Same for me, impossible to get a lock.

The behaviour of the AGM-65F when fired from Harrier, will change in the next OB patch (4th Nov ?), hopefully for the better - we'll need to wait until then before submitting further bug reports.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080