[FIXED] Laser guided bombs losing track

ButterCookie

Hi Folks,

Befor create a bug report I'd like to know if there's something wrong with my technique or if there's an issue. Lately my GBU-12 or 16 constantly miss their target. Dropping Altitude is aprox 16k feet, the POD is not masked or something else during the drop, the laser lases the target but, 2 seconds befor impact it seems the bomb loses the laserspot does nose up pitch and thats it. So is it me or is something else wrong? I'm dropping LGB's since 2017 with the "Hog", so i've got some experience with these guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] GBU-12 misses target

I’d be interested to know if this will fix recent behaviour I’ve noticed when dropping GBU-10 on ships. I get a point lock at 20nm out, pickle after the tone, and then watch the laser correcting the path on the way down. Bombs appear to be just about to hit the moving ships, but right at the end hit the water just behind the ship.

This happens regardless of ripple qty.

1 hour ago, Razvedchik said:

I’d be interested to know if this will fix recent behaviour I’ve noticed when dropping GBU-10 on ships. I get a point lock at 20nm out, pickle after the tone, and then watch the laser correcting the path on the way down. Bombs appear to be just about to hit the moving ships, but right at the end hit the water just behind the ship.

This happens regardless of ripple qty.

yes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

After update, tried on two separate occasions to hit moving Neustrashimy ship with GBU-10 (x2) and GBU-12 (x4) using point track from angels 30+. First pair of -10s hit, causing 50% damage, then ALL other bombs dropped under the same conditions (including a subsequent pair of -10s) hit the water to the aft of the ship, inflicting 0% damage. I don't know whether I just got lucky with the first pair, but to me the behaviour looks exactly the same as before the update.