Weathercock Stability and LTE

Hi,

I am wondering if the so-called weathercock stability is a thing in DCS, is this implemented and if not, I would like to request it as a feature as it is a vital factor for helicopter ops. The wind coming from behind -between about the 4 and 8 o'clock position can contribute to loss of tail rotor effectiveness. So far I have not been able to confirm that this is already implemented in the game, but maybe it is. Nevertheless, if not, please, consider adding it, thus further enhancing helicopter simulation.

Thank you!

As a virtual chopper pilot, I would have no opposition to your request.

The harder our job the better.

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.

Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.

My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.

VR Driver system:

I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3

[code][code][code][code]

[/code][/code][/code][/code]200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

I am wondering if the so-called weathercock stability is a thing in DCS, is this implemented and if not, I would like to request it as a feature as it is a vital factor for helicopter ops.

The weathercock effect from a cross wind striking the tail is usually (always ?) modelled in DCS helicopters.

The wind coming from behind -between about the 4 and 8 o'clock position can contribute to loss of tail rotor effectiveness. So far I have not been able to confirm that this is already implemented in the game, but maybe it is. Nevertheless, if not, please, consider adding it, thus further enhancing helicopter simulation.

AFAIK LTE (Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness) due to

• vortices coming off the main rotor and striking the tail rotor

• tail rotor VRS

• tail rotor AoA reduction

... is not modelled in any current DCS helicopter.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 1+1TB SSD, MSFFB2 joystick, X52 Pro Throttle, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yes. We sadly don't get LTE in DCS choppers. Would be a cool addition to the things we already have to deal with like VRS, Settling with Power, Low G pushover, overtorque, dynamic rollover, retreating blade stall, autorotations,...

The more things trying to kill you (beside the enemy), the more fun!

I second that!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.