HAS stands for?

Skyracer

What does HAS stands for in terms of the HARM missile?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

What does HAS stands for in terms of the HARM missile?

HARM as Sensor (HAS)

http://www.ausairpower.net/API-AGM-88-HARM.html

"The Target Of Opportunity (TOO) mode, also termed the HARM as Sensor (HAS) or Direct Attack (DA) mode is a lock-on-before-launch (LOBL) mode in which the missile receiver is used before launch to acquire the target. This mode allows off axis attacks on emitters within the field of view of the seeker. It is typically used as an offensive mode by non-dedicated strike aircraft to suppress emitters."

Edited by falconbr

Yeah, Navy and Air Fore have different terminology for the same HARM modes. It's a bit confusing.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, Navy and Air Fore have different terminology for the same HARM modes. It's a bit confusing.

Oh it goes WAY deeper than that. If I didn't know any better I'd say that whomever had an acronym first the other service would intentionally use another just to be different.

For the USAF, at least in avionics, any boxes we replaced on the aircraft were LRUs. Line Replaceable Units. For the Navy the exact same box is a WRA. Weapons Replaceable Assembly.

Oh it goes WAY deeper than that. If I didn't know any better I'd say that whomever had an acronym first the other service would intentionally use another just to be different.

For the USAF, at least in avionics, any boxes we replaced on the aircraft were LRUs. Line Replaceable Units. For the Navy the exact same box is a WRA. Weapons Replaceable Assembly.

What was your AFSC @Stubbies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Just the term aspect. On of the branches have them in reverse.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Why is the Hornets TOO mode better than the vipers HAS mode if they are essentially the same thing?

The Hornet's onboard CLC is specifically designed to couple the HARM and RWR and can cue the missile to active threats. The F16's ALIC doesn't have this capability. You have to keep in mind the HARM was first and foremost a navy weapon and integration on the Hornet was a lot earlier than in the Viper.

Edited by Hazardpro