How do I display time on HUD?

Direwolf

• ED Team

Hi

Only Zulu time, can be toggled form the HSI page

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

To show on the HUD i think, on the HSI, select TIMEUFC on the bottom of the HSI, then select ZTOD from the UFC making sure the two little green dots apears besides ZTOD on the UFC, then come out TIMEUFC meny by unboxing it on the HSI and the time will appear on the HUD with gears up and disapear once gears are down.

To show on the HUD i think, on the HSI, select TIMEUFC on the bottom of the HSI, then select ZTOD from the UFC making sure the two little green dots apears besides ZTOD on the UFC, then come out TIMEUFC meny by unboxing it on the HSI and the time will appear on the HUD with gears up and disapear once gears are down.

Is this gears up/down behavior new? Now when the gears are up, I can see the ZTOD, but I remember I could set TOT on the ground before taking off (gears down), and could check the time on the HUD. Now it seems I need to be in the air to do that....

Edited by Direwolf

Is this gears up/down behavior new? Now when the gears are up, I can see the ZTOD, but I remember I could set TOT on the ground before taking off (gears down), and could check the time on the HUD. Now it seems I need to be in the air to do that....

Can't say exactly, i was out from the sim for about a year, and noticed this when i got back a few weeks ago.

EDIT: I don't know which variant of the F/A-18 this video is from, but you can see the behavior as he takes off or when he lands, as soon as the E bracket shows, the time disapear, so i guess they decided to reproduce the real thing.

Edited by Doum76

Can't say exactly, i was out from the sim for about a year, and noticed this when i got back a few weeks ago.

EDIT: I don't know which variant of the F/A-18 this video is from, but you can see the behavior as he takes off or when he lands, as soon as the E bracket shows, the time disapear, so i guess they decided to reproduce the real thing.

So that´s the RL procedure....And I learned the wrong way since day one.....I cant tell you, it worked on the ground in the past. Every time I had to use TOT procedure, I set the parameters, before taking off...And I had the HUD to help me out to check the numbers...No problem....

• ED Team

It should also be noted,

we added the function that turns off HUD time anytime the gear is down.

Maybe this is the issue you have?

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So that´s the RL procedure....And I learned the wrong way since day one.....I cant tell you, it worked on the ground in the past. Every time I had to use TOT procedure, I set the parameters, before taking off...And I had the HUD to help me out to check the numbers...No problem....

You do have a time keeping device in the IFEI, which can display ZTIME regardless of HUD status. Also, the option for LTOD on the ufc is used to set LTOD, not to display it on the hud.

I've never seen a pilot who wasn't wearing a watch.

We'Re talking DCS, so basicly most people even have a second screen to watch the time on the bottom bar, though on my side, in VR, both watches are useless, therefore i love the zulu time on the HUD or the stopwatch/time on the IFEI.

Edited by Doum76

I've never seen a pilot who wasn't wearing a watch.

Well, when I´m playing DCS (because this is a game, right?), I´m relaxed at home, in comfortable clothes, no watches, with some snacks (beer sometimes) on the table....I´m not a real pilot, you know? I´m not in uniform, G-suits, boots....And for sure, no watches.....