[REPORTED]Radar bars - Scan pattern problem

falconzx

I'm encountering this bug even in the previous OB release, so it's here since the middle of august.

In this track i'm trying to reproduce doing fast, little random antenna azimuth movements, with the smallest azimuth it's more frequent, probably there's something odd when the scanned area is moved in certain moments of the bar pattern.

As you can see, when it got stuck the azimuth is completely blocked, the bars instead continue to loop between two, despite every bar setting.

I ensure you, i accidentally have the scan blocked 3-4 times during an A/A CAP mission. It's very annoying.

Thanks for the help.

f-16_scan_pattern_problem.part1.rar

f-16_scan_pattern_problem.part2.rar

f-16_scan_pattern_problem.part3.rar

Edited by falconzx
attachment

I've ran into this once before and thought it was bad luck.

Just messed around to find why it happens.

This only happens in A3 or A1. Bars and TWS/RWS doesn't seem to matter.

When the scan is about to bounce off the right side azimuth line, slew the cursor to the left to drag the azimuth limit.

Time the slew correctly and the radar gets stuck.

When it gets stuck, a quick slew to the right can fix it.

The radar seem to only get stuck on the right side. If I attempt the same thing on the left side, I can see the bars looping as I slew to the right but it never gets stuck when I stop slewing.

My track also attached.

radar_stuck.trk

Edited by ice41

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I will have another tester check, but I am not seeing it myself.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Another team member was able to reproduce.

reported, thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2