STL files for Warthog/Virpil extensions

ColdFront_WI

UPDATE: I have found that these have a tendency to crack at the male threads when printed with my default print settings (two side walls, 20% infill, 0.2mm layer height). I printed a "solid" one yesterday...5 side walls and 100% infill and will see how it holds up.

---------------------

Hi, folks,

In case anyone is interested, I have published STL files for various lengths of Warthog/Virpil extensions on my Hornet cockpit GitHub site.

This started because I was using a 75mm extension in my setup, but found I really needed a 50mm. I wasn't thrilled about spending >$50 (with shipping) and waiting until one was in stock from Virpil or another supplier, so I decided to design design my own, a few pictures below.

I did find that the 36.0mm female threads on the initial design were very tight (may be my printer), so I created versions with 36.5 and 37.0mm threads. This are indicated in the names of the files.

Let me know if you need other lengths...it's extremely easy to make others.

Thanks,

Eric

50mm design side-by-side with a 75mm from Virpil

IMG_7718.JPG

The female threads. I have made a couple of tweaks to the design since this was taken.

IMG_7721.JPG

Installed between WarBRD base and TM Hornet grip

IMG_7723.JPG

Edited by ColdFront_WI
Added 3d printer settings

ColdFront_WI

Home-built Hornet pit, detailed plans available on GitHub

Virpil WarBRD base, TM Hornet/Warthog grip, TM Warthog Throttle, Logitech G Pro rudder pedals

MSI MPG Z390M, i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz with Noctua NH-D15, RTX 2080ti FE, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have Virpil's 200mm extension, but the length and angle are not quite right. I wonder if you might be able to come up with a solution.

I could use one that's about 175mm, and has the bend at a sharper angle than Virpil's, to bring the stick grip closer to me.

Do you think that's possible? I have an Ender 3 but no knowledge on how to actually create models.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

cool beans! something to try out on my CR-10S.... thanks! :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

cool beans! something to try out on my CR-10S.... thanks! :-)

Good luck, and let me know how it works out!

See the update above about print settings and strength...I've had them crack when printed with 2x side walls and 20% infill.

ColdFront_WI

Virpil WarBRD base, TM Hornet/Warthog grip, TM Warthog Throttle, Logitech G Pro rudder pedals

MSI MPG Z390M, i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz with Noctua NH-D15, RTX 2080ti FE, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I could use one that's about 175mm, and has the bend at a sharper angle than Virpil's, to bring the stick grip closer to me.

Do you think that's possible? I have an Ender 3 but no knowledge on how to actually create models.

Hmm...the curved extensions are much trickier. You can't have them screw directly onto the base because the alignment most likely won't be right. It requires a separate collar for tightening to allow you to align it. Not sure my skills are up for that, but if I figure anything out I'll PM you with the design info.

ColdFront_WI

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]