[REPORTED]LMAV won't fire after launching IRMAV

Tepnox

Situation:

Hornet with 1x MAV E and 1x MAV F loaded for ground strike, starting mid air.

Both missiles were fully aligned at the beginning (see track files).

When firing the MAV F first, the MAV E gets an additional align-time and after finishing alignment, the missile won't lock the laser any more (the laser marking is still recognized). Code 1688 was set. [Track: MAV_E-not_working.trk]

When firing the MAV E first, the MAV F gets an additional 3m align-time but works afterwards. [Track: MAV_E-working.trk)

Having 2x MAV E and shooting after each other works as intended with no alignment between. [Track: MAV_E-2x-working.trk]

Map: Nevada: Singleplayer - OpenBeta 2.5.6.49798 / no mods

Please have a look ED.

Also: the re-alignment of MAV F after shooting the last MAV E is working as intended? They both were aligned before...

MAV_E-not_working.trk

MAV_E-working.trk

MAV_E-2x-working.trk

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

• 3 months later...
I was able to. Can you see what we did differently?

Not really. The only differences I saw were:

1. LST off

2. Different laser code

3. MAVF and MAV OSB positions on the left DDI were reversed from my scenario

4. After selecting the MAVF or MAV OSB, you were able to get the MAV display by pressing it a second time -- when I press the OSB a second time it always unboxes the MAV display, so I have to go back to TAC page then MAV display

5. For you, the X disappears when ready to fire. For me, it doesn't.

I should mention that I'm following the procedure in Chuck's updated (as of yesterday) guide, and I have no problem firing an LMAV before an IRMAV.

UPDATE

If I do an Air Start it works fine. Behavior is weird when I do a Ramp Start, e.g. pressing the MAV OSB unboxes it instead of giving me the MAV DISP page. I'll run the ramp-to-ramp again because something is afoot between starting my engines and making my attack run, which means a short track file is not going to demonstrate the issue.

Edited by Nealius

• ED Team

Please add a short track replay showing the issue we will take another look, but so far all looks ok.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please add a short track replay showing the issue we will take another look, but so far all looks ok.

thank you

The issue is somewhere between ramp start and rolling in on target, which means a short track is impossible. If people refuse to look at longer tracks then how will bugs or user errors related to ramp starts or time passed in missions ever be solved?

Edited by Nealius

• ED Team
The issue is somewhere between ramp start and rolling in on target, which means a short track is impossible. If people refuse to look at longer tracks then how will bugs or user errors related to ramp starts or time passed in missions ever be solved?

You can make the track as long as it needs to be to show the issue.

Very large multiplayer tracks generally dont replay so well, usually due to scripted nature of servers.

If it can be reproduced in single player that would be optimal.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is single player with only a few normal triggers for parked AI to start.

25 minutes is the shortest I can get to demonstrate the issue. Track File Google Drive

(Ramp Start) + (LMAV fired first) = OK

(Air Start) + (IRMAV fired first) = OK

(Ramp Start) + (IRMAV fired first) = LMAV FAILURE

For extra measure here's a live recording of the attached track (may need to wait for encoding):

Maybe someone can spot something wrong with my switchology in the video, but it's the same switchology I use to launch LMAVs successfully without IRMAVs, so....

Edited by Nealius

This is single player with only a few normal triggers for parked AI to start.

25 minutes is the shortest I can get to demonstrate the issue. Track File Google Drive

(Ramp Start) + (LMAV fired first) = OK

(Air Start) + (IRMAV fired first) = OK

(Ramp Start) + (IRMAV fired first) = LMAV FAILURE

For extra measure here's a live recording of the attached track (may need to wait for encoding):

Maybe someone can spot something wrong with my switchology in the video, but it's the same switchology I use to launch LMAVs successfully without IRMAVs, so....

Uncage the LMAV © keyboard command by default. The LMAV doesn't know where to look until you uncage. I think with an air start, the missile is already aligned, so when switching from FLIR via a SCS SOI the missile uncages on the SOI switch. Ramp start, we need to align or power up the missile. I think that is why you experienced two different scenarios between ramp and air start.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

At 24:14 in my video the LMAV was uncaged and the triangle was slaved to the TPOD's SPI. Still didn't fire. I've tried uncaging and caging again (not in this flight) and didn't have success there either.

Around 23:36 you can see the countdown timer when I select the LMAV DISP, by the time I'm rolling in on target at 24:04 the timer is gone. Can the missile not be powered on in flight? It must be powered on while on the ground?

At 24:14 in my video the LMAV was uncaged and the triangle was slaved to the TPOD's SPI. Still didn't fire. I've tried uncaging and caging again (not in this flight) and didn't have success there either.

Around 23:36 you can see the countdown timer when I select the LMAV DISP, by the time I'm rolling in on target at 24:04 the timer is gone. Can the missile not be powered on in flight? It must be powered on while on the ground?

My bad I watched it when it was still 360, so it didn't look like it uncaged.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

OK shortest practical track of Mav F followed by Mav E. I can report I had a heck of a time with Mav E being able to see the laser spot from FLIR after shooting Mav F. It was uncaged, laser was firing, and yet no lock on.

Eventually I changed both missile and TGP to new code and tried a few more times and finally I got a lock on to laser spot.

Track is 11 minutes.

EDIT: OK second run, fired MavF and used JTAC as my laser source for MavE. After MavF shot I had TGP LST on JTAC's laser and MavE scanning and missile couldn't find laser that TGP was clearly tracking. The issue isn't the laser spot. The issue I think is that MavE's laser code it's scanning for is somehow not the one displayed. During the same run where TGP was tracking JTAC laser (1688) I quickly changed MavE's code to 1533 and back to 1688 and it suddenly worked. There's something about the laser code the 65E is looking for after shooting an F.

F18MavFMavE Troubles.trk

Edited by Frederf

so you discovered two bugs :thumbup:

The bug I encountered was that second bug.

• Loadout: 2x AGM-65E + 2x AGM-65F
  • Wait until both types are ready (or start mid air)
  • Shoot both AGM-65E's
  • Observe that the AGM-65F is cooling down again (3 minutes)

The important detail is to shoot all E's. After the first E is shot, the F's are still OK.