Salute no longer working

markturner1960

Hi, sometime in the last week, I noticed that the salute command does not work anymore ( FA18)

I have checked the key binding ( correct), checked the functionality of the MFD button I have it bound to ( correct).

If I manually use the key press allocated ( left shift, ctrl, S) nothing happens either, just the shooter carries on waving his hands over his head even though I am sitting there at Mil ( same happens using AB as well..)

Are there any parameters that need to be met before the salute command is acted on?

Only thing I did was change the keyboard profile to use baileys VA profile as I tried that out...thought it was the problem, but that does not change the key bind and at any rate, I changed the profile back. To be sure, where is the standard keyboard.lua file to be found?

Thanks..

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

No, not the animation....... I press salute to launch and nothing happens☹️ I am stuck at the stage in the animation process where he hands off to the shooter and my plane launches.....I can’t launch off the cat.

I have done a DCS repair, same issue still.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

At what stage animation is the shooter stucked at, arms up to go thrust up or kneeled down arm extented to shoot? Might sound stupid, though, are you sure is nothing wrong with the thorttle or something, that you get to at least mil power, if not enough thrust the jet won't simply launch and shooter stays in shooting position kneeled down....

Dont use mods, checked all bindings etc as noted in OP, throttle is fine, everything works fine right up to the point I press salute......

Are there any parameters that have to be met before the animation and shoot process kicks in?

From past experience, I can be shot at variable throttle settings, in fact I dont usually go AB, so I dont think throttle settings matter that much....

The shooter does not kneel down, just stays there waving his hands....

Yes, got past that stage....I might make a video to show what I mean

Which plane? F/A-18 you have to do a comms menu salute, F-14 you have to LShift-U.

Specifically, open Comms Menu, select crew, select Salute for F18...and hold on.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

This appears to have resolved itself after DCS update.....

I would say your chocks were in. Glad to see this bug sounds like it is resolved. When you spawned in on one of the cats your chocks were in and there was no way to remove them. So this could give you the impression that salute was broken as everything looked normal otherwise.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Sadly no, as I had taxied to the cat. AFAIK, the cat launch mission doEs not spawn you on the cat with chocks in place......

Will have to remain a mystery! Just glad it’s fixed

Experiencing the same glitch, landed the F14 on the Syria quick start case 1 recovery ( got me a 3 wire too after my bolter) and requested a launch, all the AI ran about to their respective positions

Handler lined me up with the catapult, went through all the arm commands, after the power up signal, went to 80% power, hit the salute via the comms menu, they all dropped to their knees, and I remained on the Cat.

Throttled down, went to full AB, hit the salute command again.. still nothing

Sat there for 20 mins trying to launch, till I ran out of fuel.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Experiencing the same glitch, landed the F14 on the Syria quick start case 1 recovery ( got me a 3 wire too after my bolter) and requested a launch, all the AI ran about to their respective positions

Handler lined me up with the catapult, went through all the arm commands, after the power up signal, went to 80% power, hit the salute via the comms menu, they all dropped to their knees, and I remained on the Cat.

Throttled down, went to full AB, hit the salute command again.. still nothing

Sat there for 20 mins trying to launch, till I ran out of fuel.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4498388&postcount=12

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me recently in MP. Call 'Salute' to vaicom and use F menu 3-4 times before they finally start kneeling (

Edit: did some more tests with Supercarrier launch mission. Salute keybinding definitely has no effect. Menu F8-F6 and Vaicom work, but sometimes kneeling animation is delayed until the engines spool up (and sometimes they kneel at idle). On some occasions I had to spool up and then give salute... I think the devs need to investigate!

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 2 weeks later...

Just do a key binding. I have Left Shift U that I use vaicom to call and launch every time.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 2 years later...

Its still happening in the Tomcat and Hornet at random

For example i have a mission in Marianas with the F-18, F-14 and SU-33 of coldstart , fly to carrier, trap a few times, go to air refuel and in the way back its night time, do night trap and fly back to andersen..

after doing 3 traps at day, meeting the tanker and refueling and then night landing in the carrier i request launch, move to the cat,they hook me up, kneel,  all, they then signal the spool up.. i salute ..and nothing happens..im trapped forever with the guy doing the spool up signal , my pilot is correctly saluting but nothing else happens and since in hooked up to the shuttle i cant even move to another cat or try again