Multiplayer Case 3 recoveries: utterly broken?

Elphaba

So, tonight 7 of us in a MP server were recovering to the Supercarrier.

The flight of 7 hornets, comprised of 3 elements of two pairs and a straggler.

The flight lead worked out the order of who should call up 'Mother' so that they would get the lowest assignment in the mashall stack and therefore the closest push time based on each aircrafts fuel state.

When the first player called the boat everyone else didn't hear this call but ALL of us immediately had the comms menu show 'Abort, Established, Commencing etc etc etc' i.e. the radio menu you get when you've been given your marshall info, alitidue and push time.

So my question is

a) Does ED know this is broken?

b) If it's not broken, what did we do wrong?

c) How do we work around this now, considering we don't have a player non-flying who can act as ATC?

After a 2 1/2 hour mission with A2A refuelling, A2A threats, Sam threats and SEAD / bombing stuff, to finally get back as a flight and head to the boat looking forward to a set of CASE 3 recoveries, this was REALLY disappointing.

My best guess is that you are grouped in the ME. In my mission all planes are separated, and those issues never happen. If that's not the case, I have no idea.

Hey, thanks for that; I don't know if that's the case - I didn't make the mission, but I will check.

If this is the case, is this a bug? Or are there SOP's that say a flight or 'group' should auto manage the stack themselves?

It does feel like bug to me.

We have a mission where the ship instructs for a CASE I but the menu only shows CASE III options.... so when you get on the ship it tells you that you didn't use proper comms.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We've had the issue with our squadron returning from mission. It seems if you are close to another aircraft (I don't know how close) it will check in with "401 checking in, holding hands with 404, 406" meaning you are in a flight together. It seems it knows who has the least fuel and that person will be listed as "checking in" regardless of who does so. Now, it will also stack continuously and doesn't reset down once it's clear i.e. marshall at angels 3, then 4, then 5, then 6, etc and never get a lower one.

It does seem not broken... but unfinished.

We have a mission where the ship instructs for a CASE I but the menu only shows CASE III options.... so when you get on the ship it tells you that you didn't use proper comms.

Does your mission begin when it's dark? The SC can't switch cases at this time, so if you start the miz in CASE III conditions, it will be like that even though the sun comes up.

Now, it will also stack continuously and doesn't reset down once it's clear i.e. marshall at angels 3, then 4, then 5, then 6, etc and never get a lower one.

if thats true, then you could stack only ~30 planes until you run out of atmosphere? that would have to manifest itself terribly on mass multiplayer servers (hoggit etc).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I haven't run into that issue... yet. Maybe with server resets and the number of people actually calling in properly it hasn't been a big issue.

Remember most people at least my experience with online MP don't fly at night or in poor weather. You can tell by the number of connections on the server what time of day it is! :)

That's happening on the AO Syria server.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2