A DCS F-14B Upgrade screenshot

BreaKKer

Is this what was part of the D model upgrade irl?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This is DCS, Also, it's an F-14B Upgrade

Edited by BreaKKer

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

It's like no one heard about PhotoShop these days ;)

Yeah, people seem to believe anything these days...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, title's pretty misleading.

A mod prolly should change that before someone gets upset that they're not getting the B(U).

I don’t think it’s hurting anyone. No reason they should listen to a joke forum post vs info from HB themselves. It can easily be seen as a photoshopped image.

BreaKKer

Yeah, it's clearly DCS but my question was if that upgrade was part of the F-14D conversion irl but that question seems to have been answered.

F-14D had a more modern cockpit (here shown with PTID which came later on, originally it had TID and LANTIRN image was shown on the smaller MFD IIRC).

87353_1329328583.jpg

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

*SOME* F-14Ds had a more modern cockpit/RIO position. Many Many did not until other Tomcats were decomissioned and their PTIDs moved over. It's been discussed often that the D was not one, single standard. Some of the final ones did have a culmination of all the upgrades. But as has been also often repeated there's no solid documentation on how the PTID worked, at least not enough for them to confidently model it. You'd have to map all of the MFD buttons, what menus they tied into, all the options on each page, what they actually changed, etc.

I'm in the "something is better than nothing" boat and wouldn't mind at least the visual representation of the D until some of those systems could be built out, but it's not happening. If we got a D model there's a good chance they'd have to do the earlier 90s D models with the original fish bowl TID. Still, the big hurdle after that is documenting the new radar, the IRST, DFCS, and a bunch of other systems.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

I am curious to know what someone from HB would think of this concept.

You seem to be new here. Pretty much every week a new thread pops up here asking heatblur exactly this question and every time HB says they're lacking the required documentation to properly model those displays.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You seem to be new here. Pretty much every week a new thread pops up here asking heatblur exactly this question and every time HB says they're lacking the required documentation to properly model those displays.

Oh yeah, I’m very familiar with the “F-14D when” posts. I’ve been on the block for a while. I completely understand the information needed to make something like that.

BreaKKer

• 3 weeks later...
But...It's possible to mod it in DCS?

Mods are possible in DCS but no one did Sparrowhawk mod yet. The above is just Photoshop put to good use.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I would literally kill for the SparrowHawk and PTID F-14B/U...but then again they're one of the biggest hurdles from what I know stopping them from making an F-14D as well (APG-70 and 71 share a lot in common and RB is able to get 71 data for the F-15E so)

So if they did get the documents...probs just go the full nine yards and make an F-14D at that point.