Joystick mapping.

hawa0835

I guess you can just go to your Saved Games\DCS folder and copy the input files from the legacy to the new one, but that might need a check if everything works correctly afterwards.

As this is a new plane, it will have a separate input mapping for sure.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

As a separate module, it will have it's own folders, etc. just like any other. Most of the commands are going to be the same, so copy/paste and edit should work fine. You will want to verify the settings for the new HOTAS commands, such as the laser maverick, HMSC, etc. but otherwise they should be the same for everything else.

I do recall reading somewhere that a few new command lines have been added to help with non standard setups, such as home cockpits, but it was a while back, not sure what all new command lines we will have, or if some are going to be in an update for the old module as well.

I'd like to know if we will be able to map the Thrustmaster MFD peripherals to toggle the master arm, gun pac/arm and laser master arm switches in the A10C "II". Currently, in the A10C - I am unable to reassign the contrast/brightness and the other two (the 4 perimeter rocker switches on the Thrustmaster MFD's) for the A10C. It would be great to have this option for both versions of the A10C (I and II).

However, in the Viper, Hornet and Tomcat - those rocker's are able to be reassigned to different bindings - which I find incredibly useful to be able to control your master arm switches with a quick depress of a button, rather than selecting it with you mouse (I use VR).

Hope my initial question isn't lost, if it was - please reference the first paragraph of this post.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria