Is CDVE 5 will be modelled ?

ThirtykayDEC

Hi,

I've noticed a strange behavior regarding FBW / CDVE , i still have complete control on the aircraft with those parameters :

- HYD 1 Off

- HYD 2 Off

- EP Off

- BATT Off

- CDVE 5 Off

My input command should have no effect on the aircraft.

Normally the CDVE 5 is plugged on HOT BATTERY BUS, So with BATT Off but CDVE 5 On, i should have control, but it seems to be not implemented.

Will this strange behavior corrected / implemented ? Because i'd rather prefer have NO CONTROL at all on the aircraft than have unrealistic control.

I think the Mirage 2000 would be one of the greatest module if all of the system are completely modeled. But it's already great :thumbup:

Well' date=' technically if there is windmilling, there is HYD pressure and elec power for CDVE, even if I don't know if it's modeled.[/quote']

Well, i was gliding at the max finesse point which is around 7.5 for the Mirage 2000, and the N% never exceeded 7%, which i think is way too low to power anything.

But that's still not normal to me, CDVE are electrical FCS, which means there is no actual physical link between pilot's control and control surface actuators, so without electricity and hydraulics, flight controls must have no effect at all.

Edited by ThirtykayDEC

For sure, if you’re gliding at the best glide ratio, your engine is wind milling.

So the engine is driving HYD 1 and HYD 2 through accessory gear box.

FBW have 5 channels, and multiple electrical power sources.

Engine => Hyd 1 => hydraulic driven ALT => Channel 1

Engine => Hyd 2 => hydraulic driven ALT => Channel 2

28V non-shedded bus => Converter => Channel 3

Battery => Converter => Channel 4

Battery => Ultime Secours (5th Channel)

Outboard élevons are commanded by channels 2 & 3.

Inboard élevons are commanded by channels 1 & 4.

Rudder is commanded by channel 2 & 4.

All control surfaces are powered by HYD 1 & 2.

EP is only triggered if HYD 2 pressure drops < 160 bars and can provide 190 bars.

Normal pressure is 280 bars.

So overall, I think that as long as your engine is wind milling, you will have FBW and HYD to fly you to the crash site :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

For sure, if you’re gliding at the best glide ratio, your engine is wind milling.

So the engine is driving HYD 1 and HYD 2 through accessory gear box.

FBW have 5 channels, and multiple electrical power sources.

Engine => Hyd 1 => hydraulic driven ALT => Channel 1

Engine => Hyd 2 => hydraulic driven ALT => Channel 2

28V non-shedded bus => Converter => Channel 3

Battery => Converter => Channel 4

Battery => Ultime Secours (5th Channel)

Outboard élevons are commanded by channels 2 & 3.

Inboard élevons are commanded by channels 1 & 4.

Rudder is commanded by channel 2 & 4.

All control surfaces are powered by HYD 1 & 2.

EP is only triggered if HYD 2 pressure drops < 160 bars and can provide 190 bars.

Normal pressure is 280 bars.

So overall, I think that as long as your engine is wind milling, you will have FBW and HYD to fly you to the crash site :smilewink:

I agree with you, i will try flying straight but i have one more question :

How is it possible to power HYD with only 7% of N , knowing the fact that the pump operate at 6000 rpm ?

I agree with you, i will try flying straight but i have one more question :

How is it possible to power HYD with only 7% of N , knowing the fact that the pump operate at 6000 rpm ?

That part may be wrong indeed. But it would be easier if we could check a track :smilewink:

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

In fact EP will drain your battery within seconds, so no "fly to the crash site", but a few seconds to get in a suitable bail out position...

He said he turned EP off and EP only starts if the pressure drops below 160 bars.

So the remaining question is how much pressure can the wind milling provide ?

Mirage fanatic !

Look at the start-up sequence : at which RPM do HYD lights disappear? You have your (in game) answer.

With enough speed and air density you can keep something between 15 and 20% RPM but this just to wait for in flight start-up sequence.

Who would want more than that???

Edited by Габихан

Ok, just tested the thing ( track attached )

On ground:

HYD 1 and HYD 2 disappear at around 19% RPM at MSL

In mid-air:

Condition of the test:

Engine : CUT-OFF

Batt : ON

EP : OFF

In-flight with -10° of pitch, windmilling up to 33% N is achievable, so in other terms :

HYD 1 & HYD 2 came back online at 12% N thus regaining control on the aircraft. ( above 20000 ft MSL )

To conclude, i was wrong, my bad, sorry.

Nevertheless i would be happy to see CDVE 5 working one day :)

M2000.trk

Edited by ThirtykayDEC