Technically possible payloads

Kazansky222

Agreed. The standard has been lowered, if ED does not add these weapons and avionics to all aircraft, theres a severe double standard.[/Quote]

How so "lowered"?

It is more like that ED would widen the standard to handle multiple times than just the very specific year that they are modeling as the 3D model and textures, as well very specific squadron weapons loadout on given year, in given airbase.

Example, if a new weapon loadout is in use otherwise same aircraft in other squadron, then it should be possible on this DCS one as well.

If in a future from the modeling fiscal year, comes available a new ammunition like a 20 mm cartridge that is tested and accepted to be usable, why it shouldn't be available in the missions that are made to exist after the modeling fiscal year?

It doesn't make sense to restrict all to one very specific year and call it to be realistic/correct.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

DCS needs per rack enforcement options, that's it.

I tend to agree that it's a sandbox sim and no one complains about the other unrealistic stuff, like what airframes are flying together in what year.

But, to get away from this argument, it needs enforceability on the server admin side and you can't do that per pylon yet.

Ah... but it is a bit more complicated than that? For instance, according to the thread linked earlier, the 9.12 cannot carry bombs or rockets on the middle hardpoints and carry air-to-air missiles on the outermost hard-points at the same time?

So carrying four rocket pods or four bombs means carrying no air-to-air missiles... because of WCS limitations.