Cold War 1947 - 1991 *** Limited Edition ***

Alpenwolf

1 hour ago, Zachrix said:

He means that if the mission is set before 1994, then the F18 lacks GPS and I think its alignment is different. On another note, will blues have access to datalink? and is the f14 on red? 

@Alpenwolf

exactly that. DCS actually simulates existence of GPS satelites and if mission is set before that date and GPS (SATNAV) always allowed box is unticked in options then F18 alignment is different (i think ED didn't implemented pure INS nav yet). without GPS F18 seem to have problems with even simple thing like CCIP for dumb bombs... Mavericks work fine though. Gonna do some testing now. On Blue Flag 80s, CCIP doesnt work...

Edited by The_Tau

1 hour ago, Davey said:

Alpen, will this mission be running on Saturday also, or is it only Friday? I can't make Friday because of work 😞

Same for Baron Squadron (3 people). Saturday would be perfect. Just asking ... 🙂

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

20 hours ago, The_Tau said:

@Alpenwolf

exactly that. DCS actually simulates existence of GPS satelites and if mission is set before that date and GPS (SATNAV) always allowed box is unticked in options then F18 alignment is different (i think ED didn't implemented pure INS nav yet). without GPS F18 seem to have problems with even simple thing like CCIP for dumb bombs... Mavericks work fine though. Gonna do some testing now. On Blue Flag 80s, CCIP doesnt work...

Well, you're going after Red tanks (T-80's, T-72's and T-55's) mainly, among some AA units. So Mavericks and HARM's are your best choice. Nothing else.

21 hours ago, Zachrix said:

He means that if the mission is set before 1994, then the F18 lacks GPS and I think its alignment is different. On another note, will blues have access to datalink? and is the f14 on red? Also where can I reserve slots?

The F-14A is Iranian so yeah, Red. Read the briefing on the first page, please.

18 hours ago, TOViper said:

Same for Baron Squadron (3 people). Saturday would be perfect. Just asking ... 🙂

Sure, why not. And if you want to reserve certain slots then make sure you add the names of those who want to participate and the type of their aircraft.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

@Alpenwolf

Ok i did some tests, and aside of bugged alignment itself (waypoint 0 overwrites A/C coordinates instead of other way around) it seems that CCIP do work. So I guess its BlueFlag scripts breaking the jet or something.

Is it possible to enable the TACAN and ICLS for carrier to make carrier landings easier? (on Search & Destroy would also be nice 😉)

Edited by The_Tau

2 hours ago, The_Tau said:

@Alpenwolf

Ok i did some tests, and aside of bugged alignment itself (waypoint 0 overwrites A/C coordinates instead of other way around) it seems that CCIP do work. So I guess its BlueFlag scripts breaking the jet or something.

Is it possible to enable the TACAN and ICLS for carrier to make carrier landings easier? (on Search & Destroy would also be nice 😉)

Both TACAN and ICLS are enabled in both missions actually. Not sure why it doesn't work for you or others maybe.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Will this event be held on 2.7 (Open Beta with new clouds) or on 2.5.6 (Stable)?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, The_Tau said:

but whats ICLS channel? it was not in S&D briefing...

I'll check out the briefing tomorrow then.

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Will this event be held on 2.7 (Open Beta with new clouds) or on 2.5.6 (Stable)?

What new clouds? We don't have them yet.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

11 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

I'll check out the briefing tomorrow then.

What new clouds? We don't have them yet.

Uhm, today is the big update day with the huge move from 2.5.6 to the new major release 2.7.0 which brings the new cloud system among other stuff (if everything goes as planned)!

If you're running the event on the Open Beta (which will be 2.7.0 by Friday/Saturday) you might want to take possible technical issues into consideration, as this is a big update with some core changes. I'm fine with it though, as I'm running the OB only. :smile:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

7 hours ago, CrazyGman said:

It's right at noon on a Friday for me, so I'd have to find a way to dodge work, would prefer Saturday if we can.

It will be launched on Saturday as well.

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Uhm, today is the big update day with the huge move from 2.5.6 to the new major release 2.7.0 which brings the new cloud system among other stuff (if everything goes as planned)!

If you're running the event on the Open Beta (which will be 2.7.0 by Friday/Saturday) you might want to take possible technical issues into consideration, as this is a big update with some core changes. I'm fine with it though, as I'm running the OB only. :smile:

Oh, I see. Just don't mess up my bloody warehouses is all I care about.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 4/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, TOViper said:

23 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Sure, why not. And if you want to reserve certain slots then make sure you add the names of those who want to participate and the type of their aircraft.

Baron squadron (or flight rater :music_whistling:) is planning to attend with 3 people:

Baron 1-1 | QuiGon

Baron 1-3 | Cougar29

Baron 1-4 | Tiphys

We would love to fly a fully crewed Tomcat (pilot & RIO) + a MiG-29. If that's too much 4 gen stuff, an F-5E instead of the MiG-29 would also be fine :smile:

Tornado3 small.jpg

31 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Baron squadron (or flight rater :music_whistling:) is planning to attend with 3 people:

Baron 1-1 | QuiGon

Baron 1-3 | Cougar29

Baron 1-4 | Tiphys

We would love to fly a fully crewed Tomcat (pilot & RIO) + a MiG-29. If that's too much 4 gen stuff, an F-5E instead of the MiG-29 would also be fine :smile:

It doesn't matter. You can reserve as many aircraft as you want. In fact, I'd rather have a full squadron flying Red and a full squadron flying Blue but that's tough to get.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

This probaly messes with your warehouses again:

• ME. Updated weapons and stores naming.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Do you think you can make the SAM sites on both sides controllable? At least to the extent where the ground commanders will be able to toggle on and off the radars to emulate and IADS system. I feel like this would make it a much more dynamic scenario rather than allowing both sides to lob their ARM's from max range at the radar sites. This will force both sides to actually engage the SAM's with weasel aircraft and thus make it more realistic

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 1:43 AM, The_Tau said:

Sounds awesome! But I have a question about mission date set in ME. As if its set before March 28th 1994 then GPS is not available and some F18 features (dont have F16 so Idk) are disabled/dont work

You can't disable avionics features (nor the 18C lot 20's better engines). JHMCS will be available and people will be using it, even without the 9X it's a pretty huge upgrade.

Would like to reserve slots for Red pilots and I @Alpenwolf

F14A: Conker4, The_Tau

MiG-29A: Zachrix, CrazyGman (Saturday Only), Davey (Saturday Only)

Tactical Commander: Apok SRB (Апок СРБ), Kirk, Cormac, Silent Eagle

Ka-50: Tats

MiG-21: Paradox

Edited by Zachrix

10 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Baron 1-1 | QuiGon

Baron 1-3 | Cougar29

Baron 1-4 | Tiphys

For Friday or Saturday?

7 hours ago, CAPT_Kirkpatrick said:

Do you think you can make the SAM sites on both sides controllable? At least to the extent where the ground commanders will be able to toggle on and off the radars to emulate and IADS system. I feel like this would make it a much more dynamic scenario rather than allowing both sides to lob their ARM's from max range at the radar sites. This will force both sides to actually engage the SAM's with weasel aircraft and thus make it more realistic

Strelas, Avengers, Shilkas, Vulcans and SA-15's are controllable already. Enabling all SAM's is only the case if we get a squadron vs a squadron session. In that case you don't have some random pilots who are overwhelmed by the situation and already being a nightmare to their coalition more than to the enemy.

3 hours ago, Tolovay said:

Did I miss something or there are no helos? 

Ka-50's only with the objective of hunting Israeli Merkavas providing CAS for Syrian T-55's and T-72's and Russian T-80's.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

8 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

For Friday or Saturday?

Saturday much more preferred. I'm not sure if Friday would work out for us.

Tornado3 small.jpg

13 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Enabling all SAM's is only the case if we get a squadron vs a squadron session. In that case you don't have some random pilots who are overwhelmed by the situation and already being a nightmare to their coalition more than to the enemy.

Not quite sure what you mean here, would you care to explain in a bit more detail?

3 hours ago, CAPT_Kirkpatrick said:

Not quite sure what you mean here, would you care to explain in a bit more detail?

We had some rounds where quite a number of members of a squadron participated and flew together on one side. In one round we had 10+ 104th Phoenix squadron members with Combined Arms experts available to them as well. They got the most of their teamwork and got the job done! Why? Because you get a high level of teamwork like that if the pilots actually know each other and each other's capabilities. Plus they communicate constantly and understand each other quickly because they're used to one another. Having players controlling SAM sites will only make it more difficult for players who are part of one coalition, but either new to the game or are not on comms or totally overwhelmed with a situation requiring their utmost teamwork qualities. It is difficult already is what I'm saying. However, if a squadron takes on Red or Blue aircraft thoroughly then increasing the difficulty level becomes an option.

Hope that clarifies things better.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, LoneS said:

I flew the mission and it is tough enough. I don't think raising the difficulty bar even more like that is necessary as the setup was alright in the previous rounds. Participate, fly the mission then provide suggestions but not assuming something should be different before trying it out. I like your idea but I understand Alps position.

This is not raising the difficulty level, this is ensuring that our Tactical Commanders have the ability to turn off SAM radars to stop anti-radiation attacks. This is not going to make anything harder other than for the person (Kirk) that is requesting this. Since only Blue has the ability of attacking SAMs, I think this is an essential part to the air defense of red and gives us a tiny bit of tenacity in the fight.

Edited by Zachrix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

We had some rounds where quite a number of members of a squadron participated and flew together on one side. In one round we had 10+ 104th Phoenix squadron members with Combined Arms experts available to them as well. They got the most of their teamwork and got the job done! Why? Because you get a high level of teamwork like that if the pilots actually know each other and each other's capabilities. Plus they communicate constantly and understand each other quickly because they're used to one another. Having players controlling SAM sites will only make it more difficult for players who are part of one coalition, but either new to the game or are not on comms or totally overwhelmed with a situation requiring their utmost teamwork qualities. It is difficult already is what I'm saying. However, if a squadron takes on Red or Blue aircraft thoroughly then increasing the difficulty level becomes an option.

Hope that clarifies things better.

Yeah that makes a lot more sense thanks. I was working under the assumption either 104/IAF were going to be blue like normal but if not I agree it's probably going to be an unfair expectation to place on Randoms/new players