AGM-88 HARM implementation FA18/F16

Floydii

I thought you wanted to know the difference between DCS viper and DCS hornet

No, not at all. I wanted to know what is wrong with the HARM when fitted into a Hornet, thus wanted to know the differences between the HARMs when fitted in the two aircrafts. The video doesn't teach me what is the difference between the two simulations, so I don't know what is due to aircraft specific design and what is due to a DCS issue.

Stay safe

Right now, harm seeker in the hornet implementation can magically see and instantaneously update all air defences in its fov. This is somewhat unrealistic, since harm seeker needs to sweep through its fov like a radar would do, and that takes a significant amount of time. That's why there are filtering and azimuth limiting options, just to make the sweep faster.

The difference however, and this is my own guess, is that in the hornet the CLC can store harm contacts and make the math to present them with regards to missile boresight in each moment, so it's not a static image. But not sure about this one

Right now, harm seeker in the hornet implementation can magically see and instantaneously update all air defences in its fov. This is somewhat unrealistic, since harm seeker needs to sweep through its fov like a radar would do, and that takes a significant amount of time. That's why there are filtering and azimuth limiting options, just to make the sweep faster.

The difference however, and this is my own guess, is that in the hornet the CLC can store harm contacts and make the math to present them with regards to missile boresight in each moment, so it's not a static image. But not sure about this one

Thanks. That's sounds really bad for us hornet pilots in terms of realism. Any other thing similar to that?

Stay safe

Yeah, the possible reason that the hornet is "simpler" or "easier" in this regard is that the RWR or other sensors might be able to hand off information such as bearing to the HARM for emmiters, and then the HARM might be able to quickly lock them. Same for "rough" range info from the RWR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, the possible reason that the hornet is "simpler" or "easier" in this regard is that the RWR or other sensors might be able to hand off information such as bearing to the HARM for emmiters, and then the HARM might be able to quickly lock them. Same for "rough" range info from the RWR.

That's what it does in SP mode. In TOO (HAS on the Viper) mode the HARM seeker is used instead.

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...