Need help with Mission 7

shaqfoo

Spoiler alert:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do after intercepting the pair of Mirages headed toward the carrier. Once they break off, I believe something about Mother is mentioned, but it's unclear to me if I'm supposed to go back and land, or try and join up with the Raven 2 flight that launches and heads to intercept bogies to the North.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so after you intercept the Mirages, Flip says he's heading back to Mother. The thing is, both times I've tried flying this mission, I am already pretty much over Mother by the time the Mirages change heading to 080.

I flew a circuit around the carrier, nothing triggered, so I land and both times its only a 50 result...what exactly is the trigger here? Hitting ladder at 5000???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

Im trying to play mission 7 as well. One time only was I able to get past waypoint 1, but any other time since, Psycho wants to fly off and go UA after dropping smoke. Here are two tracks...the first time she just flew away without even dropping a smoke.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5gmesg57r7pj0u/New%20WinRAR%20archive.rar?dl=0

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Yep, cant progress past wpt 1 since Psycho keeps going off on her own program. Keeps doing the exact same thing now - drops smoke marker, climbs back to 16k, flies southwest. I quit the mission after she flies 60 miles away from wpt 1, obviously she is interested in something else other than doing her job.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I am on OB.

My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just played this mission and 

Spoiler

No outlaws turned up! I headed for the position and circled for several minutes scanning with the radar but no joy. 

I could however proceed with the mission anyway by just pressing spacebar when asked to.

This brings me to a somewhat related question. When Knight is on station and calls out various bogeys, aren't they supposed to show up on the SA (datalink)? 

Edited by andhog

• 3 weeks later...