VR targets

HoYa

I have a the Rift S with. 2080 graphics card and everything else in my computer is pretty darn good.

But I still have an incredibly difficult time spotting ground targets and low flying aircraft. Even after messing with the settings countless times. The only option I have Is to turn on the “dot” which makes it way too easy. Even worse, it makes it impossible to go to multiplayer since I’m at a disadvantage right off the bat, not to mention massively frustrating.

VR is the wave of the future for flight sim. Can we PLEASE have way to see the targets that is realistic ? Be it distance limiting dots, color contrasting or anything else ???

The Labels file Fritz linked is outdated.

Try attached Labels file. Set labels to dots only and you will get very small dark dot that fades in and out based on distance. You can change the font size to adjust the dot size and change the distance setting per your preference. Gradually reduce the dot size as you get better at finding them.

Spotting ground targets without labels is mostly about studying the mission from ME. You have to know where to look. Remember the geography and roads.

What I do as a practice, go into F10 map during flight, get fairly close to the target, then press Ctrl + F11. You can do this while paused. And I try to see why I can't see it. It's usually a tree or building. If too far in, zoom out in F10 map and try again.

Low flying aircrafts is difficult in fixed wing aircraft. It is supposed to be difficult especially against busy ground clutter. I believe that's actually a strategy in dogfight. In a helicopter in a hover however, if I just fix my eye at one point in general direction of the aircraft, moving object sticks out.

Labels.lua

Edited by Taz1004

What HMD are you using Hoya?

Since I replaced my cv1 with a Reverb, target spotting has become much easier. However spotting camouflaged ground targets is just very difficult. For instance, spotting a bmp in Caucasus is very hard, especially when partly covered by trees. I can't imagine it's any easier in real life though.

Ground units without proper camouflage, e.g. olive drab tanks in the middle of PG desert, are easy to spot from over 10miles out in DCS. Maybe even too easy. At least they are in my Reverb..

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH